Oh MY back

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mom4three, Apr 7, 2006.

1. mom4three

mom4three New Member

So I have not had horrible middle back pain for a long time since I started the Fentynal patch but for a week now my spine has been killing me.. It is breathtaking pain.... Ohhhhh.. All the way up to my skull... Anyone else like this?
    I don't think I have ever had pain like this in my spine? Usually onnly when I am over active but we all know I have not been doing that lol...

Tracy
    FMS,CFS<MFP
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I have terrible spine pain sometimes too. I have mentioned it to my pain dr and they want me to go for an x-ray. should be doing it soon. For me it doesn't feel like a muscular pain, it feels like inside my spinal cord and its going to burst. It is absolutely breathtaking and VERY difficult to find any comfortable position. I have spent many nights over the last 6 months unable to sleep because of this.
    I have been using Thermacare heat wrap when the pain comes and it does seem to help.
    I hope you feel better!!!!

Sincerely
    JL
  3. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Just like that so horribly breathtaking...
    I am getting an Mri. My pain seems to radiate from my spinal cord . But like you it does not feel muscular.

Hey maybe they could squeeze us both in the machine??
  4. mom4three

mom4three New Member

I have tried back adjustments almost everyday for a long time.
    I worked for DO.. So one of the perks was back adjustments. and it never helped relieve anything. I uaully needed to be adjusted right after being adjusted or felt worse afterwards. Same with massage.
  5. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Well that would definitely lower our costs LOL. I'm in So Cal, looks like your in Oregon, so we should make our appointment half way, say Sacramento??? Maybe Lake Tahoe so we can make a side trip??? LOL
    The last time I had an MRI, they had to give me a sedative because I was so claustrophobic. ITs been awhile and I think now they have non-enclosed ones so if you are claustrophobic you can go to one of those.
    They haven't requested an MRI yet in my case for this, heck I'm having a hard time getting the correct paperwork to do an X-ray =( and the x-ray facilities are in the pain clinic.
    Don't you love red tape?

HOpe you find some relief soon.
    Sincerely
    JL

[This Message was Edited on 04/07/2006]
  6. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Tahoe it is:)
    Yep they have open ones.. An since I need a sedative cause of my jerky movements... we we can be high and happy and on vacation and get results lol:)
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

If your pain is much worse I would see the doctor. Three days ago my husband started having excrutiating pain in the lower back, radiating down his legs. We went to the doctor immediately.

He had a MRI, Ultrasound and x-ray the same day by 5pm (lucky).

Today the results - he has ruptured disk and will need surgery. Has to see a Neurosurgeon on Tuesday. This condition can be an emergency as the ruptured disk presses on the nerves and can cause permanent damage. He also has "stenosis".

So, if you have not seen your doctor in a while maybe you should get checked - it could be very serious.