Oh my body hurts I over did it HOW?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Jul 17, 2008.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

My left wrist is throbbing horriably and both knees are aching all the way to my toes. I just ache all over and Nothing has helped so far. Not even my STRONG pain meds.

I went to my deep wate3r areobics class tonight and brought a friend. We had a problem with her float belt it would not tighten up enough so it was up around her arm pits so she kept floating face first. I tried to tighten it up but it didn't help at all .

I showed her some of the exercise's and did more of them than ususal so I am paying for it now. I took a hot shower when I got home it felt so good I could have stayed there all night if the water would have stayed hot.
    I tried to take it easy on with the wrist exercises but I must have over done it. As my left wrist is causing me alot of severe pain right now. I can't find my wrist brace. I am going to look again because I really need it.

I try to not over do and just do what I can do. But some how I ended up causeing my self more pain and tomorrow could be worse as I may be stiffer.

I know that I need to keep exerciseing and I really like the deep water class altho it would be nicer if the pool was not outdoors and warmer by several degree's. But it is out side and not warm enough. So I am going to have to watch what I do and how much I do.

I talked to the teacher and she is amazed that I am even there twice a week. She knows a little bit about me like I shattered my left wrist 4 yrs ago and that I need both knee's replaced soon.

Some of the class knows as well but they don't know I have fibro, I hate to add to the list of what is going on with my body. I don't want people to feel sorry for me because I have so many ailments , fibro, end stage osteoarthritis both knees, osteoarthritis in left wrist,{also I have a plate and 6 screws in lft wrist.}, I have buldging discs, DDD, spinal stenosis, and I am over wieght. Even that list is not all that I have to deal with .
    I have learned that no matter what is wrong with me I feel better emotionly when I have exercised a bit. I Only go twice a week so that I don't do to much and suffer from it.

I hate feeling like this in so much pain that is it unbearable {almost} on a scale of 1-10 my pain is a 12 and going up.What do I do now? I don't know what to do abot this now, I am not going back till next tuesday but I am going to have to streach every morning to help ease this stiffness.
    IF you know of any thing else that would help me I would love to hear it. I am sitting here in tears and I can't take any thing more for pain for another 4 hours at least. I have even taken my ibuprophen 800 mg x4 like my doctor told me I can take but I took it before class and I am only to take it up to 4 x a day and I have taken all that I can take. So I just have to wait it out in pain.
    Sorry for the whineing and moaning.
  2. ikathy

ikathy New Member

Hi! I'm sorry to hear that your having more pain than usual. I can relate as I overdo a lot and pay for it for more pain.

I find that when I don't sleep well at night and then exercise the next day, my muscles hurt like h***. Are you sleeping well at night? If not, my suggestion is to get that under control first, perhaps exercise very lightly while working on the sleep issues.

Right now stretching and warm baths/heating pad and rest is my prescription. Take it easy on yourself for a few days.