Oh my god I forgot to mention....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FMsolider, Jul 23, 2006.

1. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Hey all! I quit taking my Zoloft about 3 weeks ago. Why, you may ask? Good question! Suddenly, I had this odd gut feeling to just not take it. And to be honest, at first I wasn't really in the mood to pick up the refill. I was orginaly placed on it for post pardum depression and my son is almost 18 months now so, I wanted to see if my hormones have calmed now. Almost like I was testing to see if I need it still, I realize post pardum can last quite longer than most people think....but, at somepoint if the depression is still there - then maybe it is clinical or many other issues. I really never bought the idea that anti depressants help FM pain. So, I wanted to see if was true or not. I went cold turkey - didn't mention it to the docs. I had no withdrawl. I feel the same so far. It make take a few more weeks to completly get out of my system...but, so far everything is the same.
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I've recently stopped most of my suppliments. Most of them I had a gut feeling about, that I shouldn't be taking them, but dad thought I was being silly and said I should keep taking them. It finally took a naturopath doing autonomic testing on my pills to confirm that I was right and I shouldn't be taking most of what I was taking.
    (( ))
  3. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Can you tell me more about this you had done?
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Yes, I would like to know more about this too.

Love Anne Cromwell
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

But first let me say its not a good Idea for people to go cold Turkey off their Anti depression Drugs. It can cause you to have Seizures .I'm glad you did not have that problem but please people this is not a good thing to do for most of us.

I would like to hear more about Shannon's ,Please post that on a different post so we can hear more about supplement's
  6. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I agree with Care and am not encouraging anyone to go agaisnt doctor's orders and stop taking any med. cold turkey. I am only encouraging listening to your gut!!! People please, don't be stupid like me - I am a horse of a different breed and what I can do is most often not the norm. Lots of new folks here with a fresh diagnose ....who look to all of us for advice...keep in mind people - I am a ex - boxer....I am crazy enough to get in the ring now with FM and have had a lot of hits to the head!!