Oh my gosh. I slept all night!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lendi, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Lendi

Lendi New Member

I have went to all these high dollar dr's, had gallons of blood taken for strange illness, had my dignity taken when I had to bend over, backside facing the Dr. with nothing on but a gown and underwear and the gown split down the back. I have had 2 MRI's, a needle test and a "shock" test. And none of them came up with what may have been such a simple solution to my sleep problem. I went to a new GP she looked at the tests ran by the rheumy and said that it looked to her like I was still being under medicated for my thyroid. She raised the dosage, added T3 and told me to take my anti-depressant at night with my restoril. I took my first dose of the new med yesterday morning. I lasted all 8 hrs at work, I took my meds an hr later than normal so I could stay up cause we had company, which means I usually wouldn't even start to get sleepy til 12:00 and I would sleep ok for about 4 hrs. At 9:30 I could not stay awake. I excused my self to go to bed, (thankfully it was just my SIL and DD and I were having a chick flick night cause DH is out of town) My head hit the pillow and I didn't know anything until 5:30 this morning. Maybe it's just a fluke, but wouldn't it be wild if all this time I just needed T3 and my anti-depressant at night! Sorry so long. I'm just sooo excited!!!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sooooooo happy for you! Isn't it great to sleep again?

I gotta tell you about a friend of mine who went in for an eval after a car accident. She's in her early 20's and a little on the plump side. She didn't know she would have to don a gown and bend over with the doc at her back. She was wearing a thong! We laughed our asses off when she told us about it.

Love, Mikie