Oh my!! i just remembered!! please give me your input....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by inpain3, Oct 24, 2002.

1. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

when i was about 7 or 8 yrs old, i had to go to the doctor...i remember being so tired and sick. i could barely make it to a bathroom, didnt get in the tub for over a week...sooo tired and sore, well, doc said i had mononucleosis (sp). now i am almost 26, was dx with cfs fms mps and a bunch of other crap at 24. is mono and all those connected?
    geez!! wish i had seen it commin...i woulda hid!

any input...please share!'
    if you need to you can e mail me any links or pages..addy is on my proflie.

God bless!
    inpain3
  2. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

when i was about 7 or 8 yrs old, i had to go to the doctor...i remember being so tired and sick. i could barely make it to a bathroom, didnt get in the tub for over a week...sooo tired and sore, well, doc said i had mononucleosis (sp). now i am almost 26, was dx with cfs fms mps and a bunch of other crap at 24. is mono and all those connected?
    geez!! wish i had seen it commin...i woulda hid!

any input...please share!'
    if you need to you can e mail me any links or pages..addy is on my proflie.

God bless!
    inpain3
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Lots of people who have CFS/FM have been diagnosed with Mono, in fact I think a lot of people have it and don't know about it.

You should get a lot of response to this one!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

in my early thirties....just about the time the pain and fatigue started.....before that, there was a dx. of Lupus.....butterfly rash and frequent illness...allergy symptoms and mysterious complaints. I always seem to have a positive Monospot test, even now!
  5. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

awaiting more input...please help!! can use all i get....

thx! God bless

inpain3
  6. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

inpain, I had mono when I was 22. I'm 52 now. Ever since I had it I felt muscle weakness. I never regained the "power" in my muscles that I had. Also my Doc told me I would always test positive for EBV. Once you get it the antibodies stay. Doesn't mean it's active. hugs N
  7. dd

dd New Member

I never actually had MONO but when I was going thru the diagnosis stage of this DD one thing that I tested positive for was the CMV virus. My doctor was surprised when I told him that I had never had Mono. He said that when someone tests positive for that virus it usually means that they have had Mono before. The only thing that I can think of is when I was 18, my boyfriend at the time had a severe case of Mono. He actually almost died. I was with him all the time, against everyone's better wishes, practically 24 hours a day until he was better. Maybe I caught the virus but never came down with the full blown Mono. Anyhooo...........Hope this helps.

Take Care,

Debbie

IP3 - Thanks for signing. BIG (((HUGS))) your way!!!