oh my...what do I do?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nerdieduckie, Feb 24, 2007.

1. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I went to a car show friday evening. The show covered a huge area of the building it was in but I walked all of it and was fine.

Now it is sunday morning and my hamstrings (or whatever muscle it is in the back of the legs -i have had trouble with my hamstrings forever) are so tight that when I am walking I can't straighten my legs.

What do I do to ease this? o_O
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

It sounds you over did it a little.

A good soak in a hot tub followed by some topical pain ointment should help.

Rest today but make sure you walk tomorrow or you will make it worse you need to work out the soreness -- just don't over do it again :)

Walking is very good for us -- a little every day not a whole lot in one day though...LOL

I hope the pain eases soon {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}},

Karen :)
  3. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I didn't think it was a lot of walking at the time... :(

I won't be able to rest until this afternoon since I'm actually awake and up in the morning for church once...despite every muscle in my legs and back trying to strangle me I think. I can rest in the afternoon tho, all I'm doing is watching movies.

I'm not sure how well the stretching would work since I can't straighten my legs to the floor. That was how we originally knew I had something going on with my muscles. Maybe once some of the pain eases up I can try it though.

Increasing the water I CAN do. I like water, it's all I drink, but I know I never drink enough of it ^_^ so no problem there.

Thanks muchly!
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

I should have said not to over exert instead of rest maybe :) basically the same thing don't you think?

Point being not to over do -- I am sure you won't be over exerting yourself in church :)

Feel better,

Karen :)
  5. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

The pain has mostly gone into my back now :(
    Still can't walk though.

I did take it easy in church, haha. I'm sure I looked lazy to everyone else but I was all nice and reclined in the pew (had to slide down quite a bit so my head could rest on the back) but it helped ease my pain some and that was what mattered to me, considering I hadn't been to church in several months.

Thanks for y'all's support (ouch...y'alls...oh well.)
    [This Message was Edited on 02/25/2007]