Oh No, ANother Cold Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Well last Wednesday I came down with cold symptoms. Started feeling a little better on Monday and now BOOM, symptoms are back again

Running nose, stratchy throat, head fullness, feeling and looking just awful

Is it possible to get a cold back again like that?
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

It happens to me all the time, just when I think I'm shaking a bug, it hits again. My immune system just doesn't work that well. Also, I get sick every time I crash, which is a couple of times a month, so I spend much of my time being sick.

I've recently started taking Advan-C from Vitacost, it has Quercetin, is supposed to be very good. Too soon to tell if it will make a difference.

Barrowinnovations swears by eating a raw garlic clove a day. I've been meaning to try this, haven't got there yet. She says to wash it down with juice and the burning will stop. Actually, I'm fighting a bug right now which hit yesterday because I crashed after going to see my kids this week-end. so I should try the garlic today. If I can work up the nerve.

Good luck --

3. TropicalGirl

TropicalGirl New Member

Hi Empower!

I am the same way! I just start to feel better, then BAM!!!! I feel like "YUK" again! Anyways, I have started using Zicam Cold Remedy, the "Nasal Gel SPRAY" version of the product. It seems to help! I don't use it quite like the directions say to, but it seems to work better the way I do it.

I first use a nasal spray just to open the membranes in the nose. I do wait several minutes to let it fully work. Then I spray the "Zicam Cold Remedy Nasal Gel Spray" all the way into the back of my nose, sniff and squeeze my nostrils together. By doing it this way you make sure that the product gets to where it needs to be in order to fully work. The directions want you to just do the lower part of the nose, but when I would do it that way it did not seem to work at all.

Last night I felt awful...coming down again with another bad cold. I used this product before I went to bed and now today I have NO signs of a cold, NO sore throat or anything! Yeah! (BTW...The directions say to continue to use this product for a couple of days after the symptoms have stopped, just to make sure that all of the virus has backed down.)

Sorry this is sooooo long, I just hope that this may offer you some relief.

With much care,

Tropical Girl ;)
    [This Message was Edited on 10/15/2008]
  4. ETN

ETN New Member

empower, I have been getting whatever virus goes around every month. I am so sick of it.
    My youngest who is in 4th grade has been sick since he started school which was in Aug! UGH.

Right now I have a sore throat, ears hurt, horrible headache, etc.

As if we don't have enough to deal with. It's very frustrating.

I know my immune system isn't functioning well at all.
  5. akandmk

akandmk New Member

I was sick and getting over it last week and then this morning began sneezing and having the runny nose again. My youngest has a really low immune system and he is getting over another upper respitory infection. But the cold he gets right before that is what i seem to get too. YUCK!