Oh, no, I'm really in for it...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SleepyMama, Feb 26, 2007.

1. SleepyMama

SleepyMama New Member

My 4yo, Tarok, was admitted to PICU today. He's on a ventilator because the swelling and ooze from his tonsilitis obstructed his airway. This isn't the first time he's been there (usually with pneumonia) and it probably won't be the last. The worst par tof the whole thing is that Ethan (my2yo) is no longer content to snooze or watch tv from a stroller while we visit with his brother. I'm having a really hard time dealing with Ethan and being there for Tarok and being with it enough to talk to the doctors all at the same time. Every time I tried to go eat something today, Tarok ended up in trouble and I had to forgo the meal to be there for him. I'm pulling an all nighter tonight so I can get things together that we needat the hospital and get back on time to releive Grandma, so she can get Ethan from grandpa, so he can go to work! Then Ethan comes back to the hospital where I take care of him on lack of sleep, so that my Mom can go get some herself. Ack! And the kids' Dad is out of town 'till Wed. This is going to be a tough one.
    Please send me healthy, energetic thoughts!
  2. blkkat

blkkat New Member

I WILL PRAY FOR YOU AND YOURS!!!!! GOD BLESS - BLKKAT
  3. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I want you to know we are all here for you! K?

I can tell your stressed...............but I also hear a strong woman in you too!

Do you have a pre-teen or teenage girl in your neighborhood or church that might be able to go with you and help you with Ethan.....you would still be there but at least she can try to occupy Ethan when you need to eat or talk to the DR's etc.....

Just a thought or maybe do you have a good friend that can spend a few hours helping you?

Wouldn't it be nice if places like hospitals, malls, etc had daycare that you could drop your children off for a few hours to get things taken care of .............it is hard on the kids to deal with situations like these too......they don't know or understand what is going on!

However "missy" you have to take care of yourself too.........if momma isn't ok then no one else can be ok either!

I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers especially at this time..........

Hugs
    Doxy

PS so is your precious Tarok may he be well soon and out of the hospital!:)Bless his little heart!

4. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

Hang in there sleepymomma..grab some crakers or something for yourself to chew on so you don't miss eatting anything..
    God bless
    GigglePoet
  5. SleepyMama

SleepyMama New Member

I'm home for the night with the little bro (Grandma's with Tarok). Happy to report that we expect Tarok home this weekend! He's off the vent, on the ward in record time, he's not even needing the nasal prongs! I managed to keep my fatigue under wraps and I'm getting a good sleep tonight, then back to plan discharge with the docs. The kids' Dad is home from his trip and being really understanding about taking Ethan off my hands so I can focus on Tarok at the hospital. I ate my (hospital cafeteria) best all week and made sure not to forget my vitamins. I'm off to bed now.
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts/prayers! I know they had a hand in Tarok's speedy recovery!