OH! Teed off at GP!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Stormy214, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

OK, this is one of those venting things that I don't really expect a reply to, but need to get off my chest. Currently I am under the care of an excellent rheumy (who, of course, diagnosed me to being with), but this venting thing was prompted by sapphire's husband, who was so understanding (don't even aske me what the relationship is...s*** just happens in this brain). Anyway, my gp was trying to tell me that my symptoms were caused by depression...there follows a year of useless treatment, because depression wasn't causing my symptoms, my symptoms (as you all know) were causing the depression! Finally, she rudely told me there was nothing more she could do for me and referred me to the rheumy (thank God!), who did the tests necessary to eliinate the other awful things and diagnose me with FM. Now, this is the part that tees me off. I have since found out (through a slip up on my gp's part, when I had to visit her for pneumonia) that SHE suffers from depression! Therefore, in her mind, CFS/FM are not real, and are only symptoms of depression. There. I feel better now. And I am going to start looking for a new GP.
    Stormy
  2. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

OK, this is one of those venting things that I don't really expect a reply to, but need to get off my chest. Currently I am under the care of an excellent rheumy (who, of course, diagnosed me to being with), but this venting thing was prompted by sapphire's husband, who was so understanding (don't even aske me what the relationship is...s*** just happens in this brain). Anyway, my gp was trying to tell me that my symptoms were caused by depression...there follows a year of useless treatment, because depression wasn't causing my symptoms, my symptoms (as you all know) were causing the depression! Finally, she rudely told me there was nothing more she could do for me and referred me to the rheumy (thank God!), who did the tests necessary to eliinate the other awful things and diagnose me with FM. Now, this is the part that tees me off. I have since found out (through a slip up on my gp's part, when I had to visit her for pneumonia) that SHE suffers from depression! Therefore, in her mind, CFS/FM are not real, and are only symptoms of depression. There. I feel better now. And I am going to start looking for a new GP.
    Stormy
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Empower thyself!!!
    Love and support!
    Kady
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Physician, heal thyself.

Love, Mikie