Oh this is good! Would you want a FMSer to deceide your fate

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judywhit, May 21, 2003.

1. judywhit

judywhit New Member

Just got a summons for jury duty! what a joke. I know it is my civil duty but I cannot focus on any one object for 10secs let alone SIT for hours upon end. Just one more freaking slap in the face to remind me that I AM NOT NORMAL. I cannot do normal things like grocery shop how can I deceide ones fate!!
    HEY, THIS FEELS GOOD...I AM SCREAMING IN CAPS, HE, HE, HE.
    :) i AM JUST HAVING A MOMENT FOLKS. BARE WITH ME.
    oh yes, and now I get to beg the doc to get me out of this!
    My lifes Mantra is "THIS TOO WILL PASS!"

JUDY
    [This Message was Edited on 05/21/2003]
  2. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

Just act like the crazy nut we all seem to be pegged as. Whatever the subject of the trial involves - just adamently oppose it with flare and exuberance. They don't like people too far off the bubble. Then tell the judge that you took yourself to the bathroom today!

I use that last one on telemarketers - leaves them speechless. ~{:eek:)

Lane
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Just yell all you want! We all yell sometimes, it seems to make us feel good, or is that normal???

Take care, and hope you can make them understand.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. tannat

tannat New Member

I received a summons last week. I sent it in like they said to, but I when I see my Dr. next week, I'll see what she can do.

I just can't imagine having to sit like that for hours.... much less, having to remember where my car is parked afterwards..*LOL*

Tanna
  5. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hi Judy,
    I got one last week also. I just did this 2 years ago but was so much healthier then than now. I sent in my excuse and still await their answer. I really don't think I can sit that long either. Let me know what happens with yours and I will post when I find out.
    Soft Hugs,
    Sandy (Cass)
  6. judywhit

judywhit New Member

seen him tonight and I wrote on the 1/2 page that I am extremely unfocused and unable to make my own life dessisions. And, I am not just saying this to get off. I would not mind doing this but...in order to sit still all day I would be taking opiods and then some sort of sleep med too. He had no problems writing this note. I am thankful.
    Judy
  7. j-bearmama

j-bearmama New Member

my dr. wrote a note that said I had fms which often causes me to not be able to concentrate or pay attention.
    that I can not sit in one possition very long, and that I have irritable bladder and would be disruptive using the restroom every 45 mins or so.

If that doesn't work. tell the jury selection folks, that you are a biggot( a harsh word, but they do NOT want anyone on a jury that would vote based on descrimination.. although I'm SURE it ha ppens all the time.)
    and think anyone who does ANYTHING dishonest should go to jail for life.

My husband suggested I tell jury selection folks "kill em all, let God sort them out" but I decided to go with the drs. note. :)

jbear
  8. Dara

Dara New Member

a couple of weeks ago. I wrote a letter explaining to them that because of the FMS I can not sit for long periods of time, also because if IBS I couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't have to be excused frequently, etc... I told them that I was disabled and unable to work because of all this. They replied with a letter excusing me from Jury Duty permanently. They didn't ask for anything from my Doctor. Also, my husband received a summons and I wrote a letter for him stating that if he had to be off work for a trial it would be a hardship. He does not work for a Company who pays them when they're off for Jury Duty like some do. Also, I explained to them that his spouse, me, is disabled and unable to work, and if he lost hours from work we would lose our health insurance. They replied very promptly with a letter excusing him from Jury Duty and wished us well.

Dara
  9. anniegetyourgun

anniegetyourgun New Member

...for me to be relieved of my "civic duty" to show up for jury duty. My rheumy's "note" on her Rx pad was not good enough for the jury commissioner. She required a formal letter on my Dr's letterhead (an original, no copies allowed) before she would believe that I was not capable of being a juror because I required 2-3 naps/day and could barely keep my own everyday affairs together.

You'd think they (the jury commission) would appreciate our foresight and attempts to NOT waste their time by showing up as an unsuitable juror, but No-o-o-o-. They have to make us jump through hoops and expend more of our precious energy on explanations, thanks to all of the able-bodied frauds in the world. Oh well, just another example of how we are required to spend our time on fruitless efforts!

If you're up for showing up for juror selection, you could certainly have some fun with them though!

Annie
  10. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

My Doctor wrote on the form they send you, that I would not now or in the future be able to perform Jufy Duty.

In a way I wouldn't mind, L.A, has some juicy case's going on that I would love to be sitting in the "Box" for. I have always been interested in the Law. I use to go to the Court Rooms and watch the Judges, that was when I was very Young.

I have served 2 times in my life already so I feel like I have done my duty, so I don't feel "Guilty".

Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  11. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

Hi
    I would not want you to have to sit through a trial as I know that would be very hard for you but as for you judging my fate..........that might be good.........most here are very compassionate, understanding people :)
    But seriously, I hope you can avoid this.
  12. lucky

lucky New Member

Just follow Madwolf's advice or tell them that you are prejudiced against any people committing any crimes. May be that will be the end of your jury duty.
    Sincerely, Lucky