oh, what a day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Sep 1, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I had my first day of clinicals today for nursing school. We got out over 2 hours early, since today was just orientation to the hospital. Even getting out early, I'm still wiped out. I came home and within minutes ended up falling asleep on the couch.

My CFIDS is definitely flaring up since school started. I was running a low-grade fever last night, and I started with a sore throat this morning. I feel a little better after taking a nap after clinical today.

I'm still feeling optimistic though. I'm so happy to be back at school. I feel fortunate to still be able to work and go to school, despite this illness. I feel like I'm beating it, instead of the other way around. I know that it's going to be tough some days, but if being happy and living life means having to deal with the flares, then I'll do it.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a nice weekend. My MIL's birthday is today, so we're having a party for her tomorrow afternoon. I work 4 short hours on sunday, but it should be really easy. It's a 1 to 1, meaning I just have to sit and watch a patient who's at risk of harming themselves. It's normally pretty easy, though. Then we're having a barbeque later on at my parents' house. So, it'll be busy as usual.

Gentle hugs to all,
    Kim
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Hopefully, you'll get used to your schedule again, and won't be as fatigued every day...it's good you are feeling optimistic about it, though!

I'm starting back to work on Tuesday, after 6 mos. off for cancer tx. I hope I can get into the routine again easily...I only work a 6 hour day so that helps. But I haven't done it in a while. Like you, though, I'm excited about it! Been waiting for this day for a long time.

Hope you can relax this holiday weekend, and enjoy the barbecue!

Hugs,
    Pam
  3. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i remember going through nursing school befor i began having symptoms of this dd a it was tough. i wish you the best of luck but the effort i definitly worth it. i have been working as an rn for 11 yrs now and i still love my job. i hope you will to.
    good luck!
    rachel
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Kim:

Keep up the good work. You are doing a really wonderful thing.

nyrofan
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

It is wonderful to hear that you are so busy and have really earned that nap.

I hope that you continue to beat this thing and have a successful term. We are all cheering for you!

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

This is a huge undertaking for you but you have courage and smarts so you will make it.

Love Anne