Ohio, Canton/Akron area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bren2135, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Bren2135

Bren2135 New Member

Well, Amanda, you sure started sumthin! I too would like to know who might be in my area, but don't have time to read all those 400+ posts!!

Canton is about 50 miles south of Cleveland..

Have a warm day, Everyone!

Hugs,
    Brenda
  2. Vitter

Vitter New Member

I to am from the Akron/Canton Ohio area. I haven't been on the board for a while. Saw your post this morning. I'm feeling a little anxious this morning. I always read posts when I feel this way. Helps me sometimes.

Vicki
  3. Bren2135

Bren2135 New Member

So far, you and I are holding up the Canton/Akron end of these boards!

Have you been to any meetings in the area? I tried one, and will go to another next week. There's something very comforting about being in the presence of other people who 'get it'...even if we're just talking about the weather!

I'm sorry you're feeling anxious, and hope that passes soon. It's a lot to ask our bodies to keep functioning normally (whatever THAT is!), with all we deal with. This is a great place to vent, read, chat, and be reminded that we're you're not alone.

Hugs for you,
    Brenda
  4. Vitter

Vitter New Member

Where are the meetings that you go to? I was diagnosed about 15 years ago with EBV but never officially diagnosed with Fibro, but my doctor said I could have it. I don't have the chronic pain or pressure points, but I have a lot of the other symptoms I have been reading about.

My doctors says my hormone level is not right. He wants me to have the saliva test done and then put me on a gel.

I am 50 so the old menopause is probably what is wrong at this point in my life. I also have many of the symptoms going into menopause.

Nice to meet someone from my area.

Vicki
  5. Bren2135

Bren2135 New Member

Vicki --
    I've heard about a meeting at The Chapel in Akron, which is held the second Tuesday of every month. (I looked for it's listing on this site, but didn't find one.)I plan to attend this one next week, the 12th, at 6:30 PM.

The other meeting I attended recently was held at the Oak Hill Presbyterian Church, 2406 Ardwell Ave., Akron 44312 -- there is only one meeting left at this location this year, and it's Sunday, November 19th, from 1:00 - 3:00 PM.

I'd give you my email/phone number, but if I understand this right, I don't think we're allowed to disclose that information on these boards -- maybe we can just bump this subject up, and ask everyone else how they connect personally here...