OHIO ... in need of DR with Fibro exp.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shalala, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I am in the Columbus, Ohio area and need to find a good DR that is experienced with fibro. Would prefer someone in the Columbus area since driving is somewhat difficult for me.

2. teacher

teacher New Member

because the one I was seeing moved!

I do have a couple of suggestions though.

1) Try calling Ohio State's rhumetology (sp?) dept. and ask if they could recommend anyone.

2) If you have insurance, call the OhioHeatlh group or the Mt. Carmel group (depending on what group your insurance is good for) and ask for the doctor referral line. Tell the person what you're looking for and see if they can give you a couple names.

Hope that helps.
  3. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Thanks ... Good suggestion. I have to find a new DR soon.
  4. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Thanks for the list. I saw this Dr. Ralph Gustafson, D.C.
    (Note: Dr. Gustafson is self-referred to the list.) but I do not know what the D C stands for and he is self-referred. I was hoping to find a fellow FM'r in the Columbus, OH area that could refer a good Dr. I don't have anyone to help me and I don't know if I could handle the 2 hour drive to Cincy or Canton to see a Dr. I will have to wait until we are past the "winter" weather to go out of town. I see there is one at OSU. Perhaps I will try him. I have to do something.
  5. app5775

app5775 New Member

My doctor is a D. O. and practices environmental medicine. He is my doctor and quite good. Located in Norwalk, Ohio.
  6. NewtoFYMA

NewtoFYMA New Member

What is the dr.'s name in Norwalk? That's where my GP is. I would love to see a dr. who knows fbro well.
  7. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Thanks ... but what is his name?
  8. app5775

app5775 New Member

HI, his name is Dr. Resseger, he's a very good doctor and nice staff. I've been going to him for 20 years. Give him a try.
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

I have seen Dr. Kevin Hackshaw a few times, years ago, after being first diagnosed.

I really liked him, but I had to drive from Kentucky, and eventually found a doctor closer to my home.

Kevin Victor Hackshaw, M.D.
    Associate Professor of Immunology/Rheumatology,
    Molecular & Cellular Biochemistry
    William Davis Medical Research Center
    480 West 9th Avenue
    Room S2050
    Columbus, Ohio 43210
    Tel: (614) 293-4817
    Fax: (614) 293-5631
  10. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Thank you very much. He is much closer for me. I cannot rely on anyone to help me and driving is difficult. I will have to see if he is under my insurance ;-)