Ohio trial on the 23rd of this month

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mistress-o-pain, Jan 4, 2006.

1. mistress-o-pain

mistress-o-pain New Member

anyone gone through columbus' trial? Yes, have lawyer, but he said my education is the only thing hurting my case. What should I expect? I have been wishing this day would come for a long time and now I am afeard! I have Mongolious/Mongolious (sp) for legal assist. Please advise!
    Thank you!
  2. PITATOO

PITATOO Member

According to your lawayer in what way does your education impact on your case? Is it because of your education that it may open you up to employment in more areas that are less debilitating? Curious because I have a high level of education in different areas and at one time was considering disability. I am no longer heading in this direction because of my health getting better but you never know. I am going to start working on my Phd in computer science - could this be a detriment to getting diability?
  3. mistress-o-pain

mistress-o-pain New Member

My lawyer said if I had not even finished high school I probably would have already had it (ssd). I was a nurse and always loved to learn so I kept going to extra classes and, of course, it is hurting me now. There is absolutely nothing I can do in nursing that would be safe for my patients. I take duragesic patches and percocet routinely and this makes me "loopy." I also have RSD and I rarely make it on here any more. It makes me angry that if you try to better yourself, not knowing you will become ill, it can hurt you. ARGH!
    I filed 2 years and 7 months ago. Of course, was denied for the first two. Was told by SS that I could not get SSI because I had my car paid off free and clear. Too many assets. Didn't matter that I needed my vehicle for transportation to/from docs. Geesh!