Oil pulling,

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sandyz, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Has anyone tried oil pulling? It is a health remedy where you swish sunflower or sesame oil around in your mouth for 15 minutes. It is supposed to have lots of health benefits. It is supposed to pull lots of toxins from the body. Cold pressed oil is the best but alot of people use cooking oil too. After you swish it around in your mouth, spit it out. Try not to swollow any because it will contain toxins it pulls out of your system. The oil turns white in your mouth. This is a sign that it is working.

I tried it last nite for the first time and I was surprised how clean and pink my tongue got. I am going to try it for awhile and i`ll let you know if I see some benefits. It is also supposed to whiten the teeth.

[This Message was Edited on 01/17/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/17/2007]
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

sandyz:

Thank you for the tip.

One of the women mentioned that she drank a small bit of apple cider vinegar and it seemed to help her feel somewhat better.

Now I am doing it once in a while.

You never know what works and what does not.

nyrofan
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I agree with you, everybody is different. Vinegar doesn`t agree with me but I know it is good for many things. There is much information on the net about oil pulling if you or anyone else is interested. You can also just start out with 5 minutes if you want to be on the castious side. I think its pretty interesting.

Sandy
  4. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I will have to check this out. Thanks for the info!!

Pam
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m glad to hear you tried it. Softer, better skin is supposed to be one of the benefits. Interestingly, when I have the oil in my mouth I feel a pulling in different areas of the body especially the lymph glands. My hubbie and I both have a sore throat for a little while after we spit it out.

I have only tried sunflower so far but am going to try other oils too. I didn`t think I could keep the oil in my mouth that long but I did. I use the sunflower oil and use a tablespoon. My husband and I are bothing trying it. It helps to be doing something while you have it in your mouth. We usually are online reading some posts and the time goes faster.

I`m still amazed that the oil turns white by the time you spit it out. I`ve read you can also change the oil about half way though. So, after say seven minutes of swishing the oil around in your mouth, spit it out and put a fresh tbls. in. That might help make it less gross.

I think there is something to this. I`m feeling better overall so I`m going to keep it up. I have some color back in my face and I look healthier. I hope you and your husband have some good health benefits from it. Let`s try to update here and see what changes we notice.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/22/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/22/2007]
  6. Shalala

Shalala New Member

like castor oil might help? That was the catch all in the old days. Might be something to these "oils"? I think I will check out that sf oil. Thanks for the tip.
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

but it makes me gag just to consider it.

Guess I'm like Dngfing....but she did it.

How about olive oil? Only oil I have right now.

How much do you use?

Thanks in advance.

Sue
  8. Ginner

Ginner New Member

you mean "crisco" lol?
    Seriously, greys anatomy..sorry

what oils?