OK going to Dr, to see if he will agree i have FIBRO..uggg

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reckabek, Jun 21, 2006.

1. reckabek

reckabek New Member

I have a dr. apt tonight at 7, i dont want to sound like im self DX'ing, but i truely believe i have FIBRO..and it would solve so many of my unexplained issues... I have the master symptom list checked up and ready, i have a list of all my DR's from the past 5 yrs...cause i just moved here, and have only seen him once, and he informed me my pain is in my head, but he didnt know im chronic... so i really hope he has delt w/ fibro before and believes...and can help me...or he refers me out to someone who does...i am not good at sticking up for myself...so i hope i can get the answers i want... i have my old MRI, that has my everyday issues..that wouldnt include chronic back pain... i just dont want to here, "take this and come back in...""" u know...well ill let u all know tonight...ttyl..beck
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Good luck, I hope your visit goes well. Informed doctors are so hard to find. I'll check back tomorrow and see how it went for you.

Hugz,
    Tona
  3. reckabek

reckabek New Member

Im happy w/ the results...he is a supporteer of Fibro, he reconizes it as a real ilness, or whatever it is considered...he wanted to start me on an ANTI D again(which i declined) and neurontin, which i accepted, ive used before and it rocked then...and refered me to a rhueomotoligist..or however its spelled. However
    Neurontin script is concerning me.
    300 mg; 1 tab 2x a day for a week, then 2 tabs 2x a day for a week, then 3 tabs 2x a day for continuance...does that sound right??? before i was only taking 1, 300 2x to 3x a day...and it was pretty fine...well any imput...thanks beck
  4. reckabek

reckabek New Member

yeah ive never been on any more then 900 a day, 1 believe i took 2 am, 1 pm....i was suposed to take 3x a day but forgot to in the middle of the day. i would think to go straight up that high would be stupid, since eventually the body becomes immune, and then at 1800 u cannot go any higher to help u...well im gonna stick to a lower done, do 300 2 to 3 x a day....cause it worked before,,,if it doesnt kick in then up i will go... thanks again..beck
  5. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Glad you feel positive about your doctor visit. I took neurontin for a while. I seem to remember my doc starting me on a very low dose of 300 mg per day. Anyway, sure hope it helps you out, it does for some doesn't for others just like everything else.

Have a good day,
    Tona