Ok going to Dr tomorrow, finally

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reckabek, Jul 10, 2006.

1. reckabek

reckabek New Member

Im going tomorrow, and inform him that the neurontin didnt work, im sure i will hear i didnt give it long enough, but im gonna ask for cymbalta and ultracet..or just that....or lyrica....maybe not cymbalta....i dunno, im being told my dx of BP, is in effect right now w/ mania..but im leary...

i just worked out, it hurt, im sure i will hurt tomorrow, but compared to a few weeks ago, im much stronger, but compared to a few months ago, im alot weeker...im so confused...my back is buzzing in a numbing burning pain, at the moment...

i hope my dr. gives me some meds!!! well just had to vent...thanks, beck..ill update ya tomorrow...this is alot of seeing him in 1 month and calls...i hope this time he gives me some meds....i probably wont even be in pain tomorrow, isnt that the way m y life goes...im always in pain, or have issues, till the day im seen...thanks, beck!!!
  2. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I didn't see that you were having trouble with Neurontin.

My Rheumy put me on Neutontin and I hated it!!! I had been on Flexeril and Sonata for sleep at night and she took me off of those and put me on Neutontin instead. After 5 nights of no sleep and getting sicker by the day, I called her.

I told her I wanted to go back on my other meds and if she still wanted me to change to Neutontin, to at least wait until winter when I am not so busy.

I actually talked to her nurse. I haven't heard back from her yet, but I told the nurse that I had quit the Neurontin and put myself back on my other meds. So... I guess she was OK with that.

I know exactly how you feel. I was still on my Ultracet the whole time. I am also already on Cymbalta and I love it.

Let me know what your doctor says...OK

Jodi

3. reckabek

reckabek New Member

U like cymbalta hu?? any weight gain..im so worried about that. and im worried those 2 drugs wont be covered by my insureance...guess time will tell. i do need mental assistance, so the cymbalta will help, but at this point i just want the pain to be gone...this is getting old...so the ultracet, or whatever they r called...may work, im gonna ask straight up!!! well thanks for responding, beck