OK I have another drawing for you to seeswimmin with the fishies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Feb 9, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hello everyone- Now don't go thinkin I just pop these out. This is a colored pencil drawing I started in 2004, so I have spent a few hours doing the finishing touches. It is based on a stained glass pattern I have. The pattern only has a few fishes and weeds so I added more for this. I hope you like it-I like the colors but they don't transfer well to the camera-Carla
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I clicked to it before reading your post in full, LOL and was thinking--

that would really make a neat stained glass piece! Did you ever do it in stained glass?

3. mezombie

mezombie Member

I really like the colors in this drawing.

BTW, you asked me on another thread whether I painted myself. I did once upon a time (acrylics, pastels), but got busy with work and then came the DD. Unfortunately, I have a lot of pain and weakness in my arms, plus my latest "hobby" seems to be to cook meals for myself instead of eating frozen dinners. So self-care takes up what little conscious time I have.

But I certainly still enjoy other people's creations, like yours! Keep 'em coming!
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I can visualize that on a fabric shower curtain or cabana.

5. Juloo

Juloo Member

Oh my gosh -- that's exactly the same thing I thought! This piece would look absolutely stunning in glass! Love the color combinations -- it would really glow!
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

I Love it! you are really getting good at this!,,,The Colors are Fantastic!,,,,,,Sis
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

No I haven't made this in glass. I have thought about it but I don't have the right colors and I won't go buy it when I have lots of glass sitting around doing nothing :)

I would never attempt this one as the picture is in glass, omg talk about tedious, maybe for $2000 if someone wanted it REALLY bad but I like to keep it simple.

I am really drawn to these colors and are the ones in my house, I have terra cotta walls and blue stained kit cabinets and love it.

Mezombie why don't you start with sketching and I actually use the cheap craft paint .50 cents at Wally's then use a blending gel. It is a shame to let that talent do nothing, and it is a part of self care. I rarely cook, I let the house go sometimes and even give the girls a ham bone so they will leave me alone.hehe.

Victoria-Marta I know you have some artist in you too. I forgot I much I enjoyed the process even tho I may have 5 or 6 good things and about 25 bads one, really they are and ended up being test sheets for water colors.

Sisland are you still baking cookies?

Juloo-did I get that right?? I'm sorry if I didn't-I really am bad about names-thank you it really is about the colors in this one.

Well off to dinner then maybe get to paint, I ended up having to rake leaves out of my ditch :-( from the wind storm the other night, it was completlely full all 100 ft of it! Thanks for looking and all your kinds words, it does encourage me to keep at it. Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 02/09/2008]
  8. LindaH

LindaH New Member

The colors are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

9. ckball

ckball New Member

Thanks for posting-glad you liked it-Carla
  10. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm just making them for the kids right now,,,Need to get busy and list some more on e-bay!,,,,,,,,S
  11. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Very nice, is this your own design? Realy nice colours [colors] and good contrast. I have never tried pastels because of the dust, does that bother you?

We are in a deep freeze here so I am trying to paint some spring tulips to cheer me up, but I am not having much
    Love Denamay
  12. ckball

ckball New Member

Denamay- It is based on a stained glass design but my design, the stained glass pattern only has 3 fishes. So I added more fishes and more sea grass.

I tried my hand at watercolors and failed 4 times trying to do a sunset, ended up doing it in pastels. This is a colored pencil drawing.

I don't like the mess of pastels but with fixative it is easier to work with,

Sis I sure would like some of those cookies! I only get Betty Crocker Snack batches,lol

Molly glad it picked you up, I feel for you guys in the north pole.

Lindy- I am going to enter my peices in a art show this weekend and hope to sell at least one. Thanks for looking-Carla