OK, I just had to tell you all that I can write again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by xchocoholic, Aug 17, 2006.

1. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Hi folks,

I know you are probably getting tired of me, but I feel the need to keep ya'll up on things.

I found out yesterday that I can write again YEAH !!!

I can write in cursive as well as the other way. My signature had started looking like two seagulls at least 5 years ago. It was rejected by several debit card machines. Now, I have actual letters in it.

It had been difficult to write since 1990 when I first became ill. Filling out those forms for SSDI was torture. Not to mention, illegible. I would have to stop and wait for my hand to calm down before I could use it. And that did not always happen.

My hand used to go into spasm / jerking when I would try to write and I just found out that it is a type of myoclonous too. I believe it was on the NIH site.

I saw at least 4 nuerologists for this and a whole host of other bizarre symptoms and all just said they didn't know what caused it.

I haven't tried to polish my nails yet, but that's coming.

Please do not take this as gloating. I am just interested in helping others here.

No one should waste 16 years of their life with this illness. I'm not healthy yet, but I believe I am on the right track. The more I read about food sensitivities, the more I believe these are a huge problem for us.

If nothing else, by eating a healthy diet we give our bodies a fighting chance at healing itself.

Thanks for being so supportive.

Xchocoholic : )

2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

That's great news!

What diet are you following, it sounds very interesting?
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

is getting tired of you. Glad to hear of the progress.

Hope you keep on getting better.
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

xchocoholic:

I know what you mean. I have good days and bad days with writing, but nowhere as bad as you have had it.

I will scribble out my name as best I can, but it looks scrawley (sp?).

And yet, other days I can write beautifully.

I am glad you have resolved the problem.

Your typing is superb!!!!!!!!!

nyrofan
  5. sues1

sues1 New Member

I always liked reading your posts.....this is one of the best!

Thanks for sharing. You bring a light to this dark place of ours.

Gentle Hugs and many Blessings.......Susan
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Xchocoholic:

I will read some of your back posts after searching above and see if I can give it a shot.

I can eliminate at least this if it will make me feel better.

It can't hurt to give it a try.

(Will keep you posted about my attempt)

nyrofan
  7. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

What's EVOO please?
  8. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Stands for - Extra virgin olive oil .. it has to be Extra virgin in order to get the nutrients out of it ..personally, I like the flavor of Colavita the best...

The other oils are from the health food store too ..

Heritage 100% pure expeller pressed grapeseed oil contains 46% RDA of the vitamin E in one tbsp...

And Barlean's flax oil, 100% organic, pure and unfiltered ... cold pressed

These are great for regulating the digestive tract too. Heating degrades these, so I pour them on my foods right before eating.

Good luck with this. Please, keep me up on your progress.

X
  9. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Thanks,

But, I don't think finger excercises would help. My fingers move fine. It was my whole hand that went of out of control if I tried to write or do anything that required a steady hand. It very quickly would jerk one way or the other.

When I tried to write in cursive, I couldn't figure out how the letters should look anymore either. It wasn't a natural process anymore. Now, I'm ok.

I had to really think about each letter and actually concentrate while I would try to draw them. I'm sure a lot of cashiers thought I was forging my own signature : )

And if I was tired, or at nite, it was always worse.

Weird, huh ? X

10. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

I walked through the mall yesterday without getting light headed for the first time in 16 years.

And I have noticed that I no longer feel like the floor is moving out from under me when I stand in line a Publix.

I'm no where near being healed yet, but I think / hope I am on my way. : )

There are others on the celiac dot com msg board who are seizure free too. All from eliminating gluten.

I am still tiring out easily. I'm sure much of this is from deconditioning.

I am taking iron and B12 for anemia too. And I am VERY peri menapausal. 10 - 15 hot flashes a day. YIPES !!!

Hope this helps someone. X
  11. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Thank you for telling me what EVOO is - we have Evo here; it's a glue!
  12. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

First of all I want to say that I always notice when you post something. For some reason when I read other posts I tend to read the post first and then look at the writer. In your case your name jumps out at me first - maybe its the "X" or most probably its the "chocoholic" (lol). Just wanted to mention that curious fact.

I am so happy for you. I'm sure that it has not been easy for you to achieve this level of wellness. It's taken determination and sacrifice and you should be excited and where better to "shout it out" than here. So keep your progress reports coming. We celebrate with you.

I am currently feeling worse than I have ever felt in my 8+ years of FMS and CFIDS. I'm 90% housebound and just feel absolutely awful. I can't even push myself anymore, Maybe I'm paying for all those years that I was in denial and I did push myself mercilessly.

That said, I am desperate to find a way out of this pit that I am in. I know that you have probably posted what led you to make these changes in your diet, but I read your profile and I only saw that you had digestive problems.

Xchoc, please save me the energy of looking through your posts. What led you to try this diet?

Thanks for your time. I'm thrilled for you. I pray that you keep getting better and better. It gives all of us hope.

Lolalee
  13. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Lolalee:

I feel the same as you. After seven year of this DD i feel like I am going downhill.

My favorite hobby is sitting is the most comfortable position i can with a sleeping pad.

I have my 'routine' during the day to get through the hours (and they do go fast).

It was difficult enough to do that.

I am beat by my cab ride to Costco today. I spent one hundred bucks and some change. They have a policy that if you bring it a blank check, they will put it in the register and all will be filled out for you except the signature. So, I signed. Exhaused and just wanting to get home.

I keep on a happy face, but the truth is that I feel so awful most of the time. Nice facade I put on.

nyrofan
  14. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

By that I mean, my stomach was hurting all of the time, no matter what I ate or drank. And I couldn't figure out why.

Meat was sitting in my stomach. I could not digest it or much of anything anymore and I was constantly in pain from gas and bloating. I also had IBS with "C" predominant, but I had "D" too. That turned out to be from wheat !!!

My GI ran the normal tests on me. The endoscopy, colonoscopy, gastroparesis, upper GI and I even had my gall bladder removed.

His conclusion was that I could take Nexium, Miralax, Immodium, Zelnorm, and Donnatal whenever I needed to. And stay on the diets for gastroparesis, diverticulitis, GERD, IBS, etc.

The problem was that those meds only made things worse for me and the multiple diets left me with no food. : )

That is when my GP put me on the elimination diet. We eliminated wheat, corn, dairy, soy, eggs and anything that upset my stomach.

For me that meant tomatoes, garlic, onions, meat, citrus, sodas, coffee, chocolate... everyone is different, but these are common.

That helped some, but not until I got the gluten out of my system did I really start to feel better.

So, that is how I got started.

Then I started researching the health benefits of certain foods. I can't take supplements or vitamins so I have to get it in my foods. I have at least 30 fact sheets on the different foods I eat.

Dr. Perricone has a list of 10 superfoods for beauty, but in my research I found that they are actually excellent sources of nutrients. He just pulled this data together for us. I'll bump my post on his super foods.

I also did a lot of research on msg, sulfites, dyes, and pesticides too and found that a lot of people react to these and I had some of those symptoms. I am a mess !!!

I have fine tuned this diet by researching nutrient sources and my reaction to different foods. Like even though citrus is an excellent source of vitamin "C", I can't use it. I eat watermelon, etc.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me anything. X