OK, I was never gracefull but this is just crazy!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hdparadis, May 27, 2009.

1. hdparadis

hdparadis New Member

I know I have always been clumsy and accident prone but give me a break! In the space of an hour I have dropped a glass of water, tripped over my own feet, run into the coffee table, dropped the ice and closed my hand in the freezer door. There are days that I would have done less damage if I had just stayed in bed and I get so frustrated over my inability to do the simplist tasks without any problems. Just had to vent. Thanks for listening.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I have had days like that!

Feel like Im in a skit with the three stooges.
  3. GranmaBB

GranmaBB New Member

I wasn't always this clumsy and accident prone.
    In the last 10 years it's become 'normal' for me.
    But we all laugh - my husband, children & now the grandchildren. "There goes grandma again!"

I have done some really crazy things, you should see my trying to do dishes!
    And I'm bruised all over.

Oh well, I can't get upset over it - there's too much else to worry about.
  4. jmq

jmq New Member

LOL...I dont mean to laugh....but what else can we do. I have had days like that. I have bruises all over me...and I have one or two BIG falls a year. Make sooo many mistakes all day. Some days are worse than others.

Hang in there my friend....
  5. hdparadis

hdparadis New Member

and usually I do once the irritation subsides. But there are times when I lose my temper and get angry at how things turned out. I am thankfull for the blessings I do have... a loving husband, 2 wonderful children, a supportive extended family and friends. I know that it could be worse but I do have my moments of self pity and frustration. What do we do other than laugh? The choice is to laugh or cry and I can't stand to cry!
  6. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

sorry you had that many accidents yesterday. I can relate.

I am always running into something with some part of my body.

I have tons of bruises to show for it. I get so frustrated with myself
    and the pain of just bumping into something is excruciating.

In fact last night after I turned the lights out in the living room and just
    before I made it to my bedroom , I hit the wii board which was sitting by the tv but
    only me would stubb my toe on it .

My kids will run and get ice for me if they hear me scream. I have them trained. Smile

Gentle hugs, Susan

7. hdparadis

hdparadis New Member

I know what you mean about having the kids trained. Mine will see me with anything breakable and come running to take it from me! LOL! They get tired of being told "Watch your step! Mom dropped (fill in with anything breakable) and I may have missed a sliver of glass."
  8. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I've started using plastic cups to drink out of as my hands don't feel that steady and
    I've dropped one to many breakable cups. I still drop the plastic cups too. laughs at self

When I drop something it's almost like it's in slow motion and I can't do a thing to stop
    it. Does this happen to you?

My husband says I need to wear bumper pads(smile) or walk way far away from anything so as not to run into anything.

For some reason doors are my worst enemy~ I run into doors and walls more than anything else.......I have to laugh but it sure can be embarrasing.
  9. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Dear hdparadis and everyone,

I just want to let you know that for me, extra clumsiness is a sign that I am being exposed to neurotoxins. When I am around toxic mold, I suddenly start dropping things and running into things. I've learned to pay attention to those symptoms.

Not that I was ever very graceful, but I can tell when I get more clumsy.

As an experiment, you might try going to a park or wild place with a lot of trees and fresh air and seeing if you drop things less.

10. hdparadis

hdparadis New Member

I hadn't even thought about that. I work at a community college in a building that is over 50+ yrs old so mold is not completely out of the realm of possability. My home is only 4yrs old so I guess I should note if I am clumsier on workdays than on weekends. It is something to keep in mind. Thanks, Forebearance for the heads up.

hdparadis (just call me Heather if you like)
  11. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Heather,

I know. I hadn't ever considered the possibility of toxic mold being a cause of my illness. I finally read "Mold Warriors" by Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker and was shocked to see how well his theory described me.

Dr. S thinks that FM and CFS are caused by exposure to some type of neurotoxin, and that the viruses and bacteria we get are things that jump on secondarily and take advantage of our weakened immune system. He explains what happens to the immune system, endocrine system, and nervous system.

A study this year found that Gulf War Illness is caused by neurotoxin exposure, so it makes sense to me that CFS and FM would be, too. The illnesses are so similar.

There are a lot of different neurotoxins in the world. Besides toxic mold, there are the neurotoxins that Lyme bacteria make. So an untreated Lyme infection would be producing neurotoxins right inside your body. There are pesticides and heavy metals and some types of algae that grow in lakes and rivers. And even ciguatera, which is a neurotoxin found in a few types of infected tropical fish.

Dr. S also thinks that there is some sort of genetic predisposition involved, like a susceptibility to some kinds of neurotoxins. He suggests getting a genetic test to find out if you have this. I took that test, and I do have the susceptibility to mold toxins! It was unbelievable to finally get some answers after years of being sick and not knowing why.