ok i'm losing it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deelite127, Mar 19, 2005.

1. deelite127

deelite127 New Member

it's 10:45pm i am hearing a bird chirpng. we don't own birds. My 2 teenagers are looking at me like i lost my mind completely. I think i have

Dee
  2. deelite127

deelite127 New Member

it's a video game my 18 ur old is playing. They are trting to have me commited i just know they are ( a touch paranoid you think?)
  3. tanyasue

tanyasue New Member

there is probably a bird chirping-you just can't see it. And all teenagers think that there parents are crazy...

Maybe there are birds outside? A cell phone ring? On tv? The radio?

Who knows? I hate it when I cannot logically explain something away, and feel crazy.

Good luck,and at least you are not crazy alone.

tanya sue
  4. deelite127

deelite127 New Member

is i'm not going down alone.....
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Last week I smelled a very mild sweet perfume by the computer :), no one in this house wears perfume, only myself, and I only use it when I go out, Its Oscar de la Renta, and it sure was not that scent.

Everyone I know is 'instructed' not to wear perfume if they visit either......Soooo where did the odor come from???

My dog is as bad as I am, she barks at the frontroom, with hair standing up on her back, this usually happens in the middle of the night. There is not a thing in that room!! We have searched it from top to botton, not even a bug or a moth flying.....

This is a dog that rarely barks, so whatever it is she sees, its for her eyes 'only' :) She is over a 100lbs, so I just let her in the room to check it out, she is big enough to take care of herself.......

Last night was one of her 'nights', her and I went all through the house, upstairs, downstairs, looked outside, nothing!

There are four other dogs in here, none of them bark when she does this, whatever it is, its only her that sees and hears it...............

I live in the boonies, so if I heard a bird chirping in the middle of the night, I would just think one got caught in the chimney, or its a nighthawk.

Hang in there, we are all subject to hearing, seeing, smelling, etc. things others are not capable of joining in with. WE are special (this includes my dog)!

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 03/19/2005]
  6. deelite127

deelite127 New Member

but i think it's a comspiracy & my kids want to put in the looney bin...lol. But what they don't know is i'm stronger than that. If i can deal with FM for 10 years a little bird chirping is a peice of cake :)
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Dee, with all we put up with, it would take a very smart person to fool us, I have not met one yet that I think is smarter than I am, that includes my husband, kids, and grandkids :)

Shalom, Shirl

8. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl New Member

Thanks for the laugh... it reminded me of something that happened to me a couple of months ago...

I was sitting at my desk doing my homework, my 4 yr old was downstairs and my husband and 13 yr old had gone to the store. I could hear something like a cat SCREECHING in pain, but it was faint. I freaked out, searched the house, could only find one of our two cats. When they came home I had them search for the cats they found them, then I had them go outside and look for a cat that had been hurt... NOHTING!

I kept hearing it, and just as it was about to drive me nuts my husband un-paused the video game he had been playing........... GAH!!!!
  9. KelB

KelB New Member

I was standing in my kitchen washing up last week and I'm absolutely positive that I could smell men's aftershave really strongly. I live on my own, so it just wasn't possible. I keep getting the odd whiff when I stand near the sink - all I can think is that it's something in my cleaning products that I was never aware of before.
  10. crumpton

crumpton New Member

Our computer has a weather bug hooked up to it and every time that it updates or flashes it makes this noise like a cricket. Well I DIDN'T KNOW THIS! my husband downloaded a program so that he could keep up our weather - he loves weather. He would watch the weather channel all day even on mute if I let him.

Sooo -I couldn't figure out for the longest time where the cricket was in our house! I looked everywhere for this bugger and it seemed to be hiding in our computer room. Now mind you it never seemed to do this in the daytime just at night when everthing was quiet.

I spent many a night looking and searching for this little guy with a rolled up newspaper! FINALLY my husband figured out what I was listening too - He has a hard time hearing this pitch. Well he laughed so hard that I had to swat him and then the computer. I had a good laugh too at my critter!
  11. deelite127

deelite127 New Member

what a way to wake up. And Crumpton i found my cricket too after about a month

Dee
  12. libra55

libra55 New Member

something that happened to me a few years ago.

I was in the middle of a major flare. Every cell in my body was screaming out in pain. My husband was out of town, my 83 year old mother was dying, and my kids were making me crazy.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I began to hear voices. Very soft, but definitely human voices. I totally freeked out, with the state I was in, and nearly panicked. My God, I thought, I am ready for the hoopy house.

Turns out my husband had left a radio on in his workroom in the basement! I found it when I went down to do the laundry.

It did scare the bejibbers out of me though.

Thanks for the laugh, Dee!

Michelle
  13. Bambi

Bambi New Member

signed, agreeing to fix up our house for sale, to sell it and move up a
    little higher to the mountains (AZ) to get away from this heat and to get debt free. I thought it had been a little over a year since the "efforts" started to get it ready. The contract was signed in 2003! So I understand "losing it", because I am
    so stressed out, disgusted,fed up and more that I would not be surprised if I saw a pink elephant laying beside
    my chair.

We have had some odd experiences in every house we've lived in for over 30 years, this one is no different but the "experiences" have escalated in the last several months.

Things missing and then after the 20th look in a spot, finding whatever it is IN that spot. Wild knocking and scratching on the inside of our closed bedroom door. Thinking a cat or dog had gotten closed in there we
    investigated..nothing. A sweet potato
    plant that overtook my kitchen window and the wall beside it. I cut it up and tossed it all. The electricity in
    that end of the kitchen died a few weeks later. I now have a 24" sweet
    potato plant growing out from behind
    the sconce on that wall...no dirt, no
    water but growing like mad. A second
    bedroom door that sticks and usually
    requires TWO tugs to get it to open.

While watching tv a couple of weeks ago I heard the first tug, then the
    second HARD tug and the door flew open. Again thinking maybe the cat who can open unlatched doors might have done it. I went directly to it
    with my eyes on the area the whole
    time. Nothing in the room.

Hearing a flute being played in the
    livingroom when my husband has fallen asleep and the bedroom door is shut. I woke him up once and he too heard it. We do NOT have mice or rats (heaven forbid) but last week a LARGE what appeared to be a rat in VERY fast movement went across the wall
    next to my chair headed for the kitchen. The dogs all raised their eyes and watched with me, I just caught the end of it as it got up
    level with my chair. I looked immediately back toward the direction
    it went and there was nothing there.
    The dogs all layed back down and went
    back to sleep.

My husband using the toilet and the shower curtain shut often hears someone stepping around inside the tub. He always thinks it's the cat (poor cat always gets the rap) but it
    is always empty. The bathroom door is
    kept shut as is the bedroom that had
    the two tugs to open. They are right
    across the hall from each other.

Two weeks ago the bathroom door opened wide, then the bedroom door wide open (two tugs again). NO, not the cat or a dog. The tv channels change in mid show. I could but won't
    go on and on. As I said it's gotten more and more often and more and more bizzare lately.

Our next door neighbor has a 10 year
    old daughter. When she was nine she
    came over one day as she'd forgotten
    her door key, to wait for her mother to get home from work. She was doing
    her homework and looked up toward the kitchen behind me. Casually she asked me "Does THAT bother you?". I asked her what she meant and she said "That
    lady in the kitchen all the time".
    She described her very calmly and in
    some detail as thin, gray and white
    hair in a dress. So I calmly said it
    wasn't something I had noticed, and
    she went on doing her homework.

The woman that owned this house before the people we bought it from
    was a neighborhood legend. We didn't
    have paved streets in this development then, and she would go
    out and sweep the dirt street in front of the house and wave her broom at the kids who passes (or anyone).
    She had several odd habits but the poor lady died in this house.

It is just MY religious belief that there ARE such things as (if you chose to call it that) ghosts, but I
    don't believe they are the dear deparated, but rather are, I hate to
    say the word, demons who are unable to take full form. To be very brief
    the bible says that at one time angels became interested in the women of the earth, took human form and had children with the women which produced a group of superior
    strength and size people. God took
    exception to this and made it no longer possible for spirits to take
    human form. So I do not think it is some poor old mentally mixed up old
    lady who died in this house, but I
    don't like whatever it is.

If it was just an occasional wierd thing I'd write it off as just an
    anomoly, but this is often. So you
    think your kids think YOU are nuts?
    I don't tell anyone I know about our
    experiences except our daughter, who
    lived with us for 20 years and knows
    how we've had "incidents" for years.

Now, I'm going to post for some advice on how to get a fire lit under my DH to get us moved. Don't feel too
    bad, at least your bird turned out to
    be something solid and explainable.
    Paranoid? Why not? We're every thing
    else. LOL! Hugs, Bambi
  14. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I have never told anyone outside of our immediate family about this, but we also seem to have a ghost or whatever that has travelled with us from our old house to our new one. We have had lots of things disappear over the years and then reappear in places we have already looked for it.

The weirdest thing that happened was in our old house. We had a fake Christmas tree that we took down from the attic and put up every year. One year we took it down and were missing one of the branches. We combed the attic for it, but coudn't find it anywhere! We put the holey side against the wall and after Christmas took the tree down and put it away in its box, like we always did. The next year when we got it down, the branch was there! Freaked us out good!

That is when we knew for sure that we had a spirit or ghost toying with us! Before that we just thought we were losing our minds trying to find things that were lost and then found in a place we had already looked!

Have never seen apparitions, but that is freaky about the little girl who actually saw your ghost. Personally, I don't think they are evil spirits, I just think they are lost and somehow tied to earth, when they should have moved on.

Sorry, I probably sound like a raving lunatic, but I have also had reason to believe in ghosts and spirits!

Take care, Sally
  15. deelite127

deelite127 New Member

The first sign of a haunting & i would have hobbled my butt out of there real quick...LOL

Dee
  16. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

Just a quick note to say that we have; a hall monster (as we call it) - something aginst the wall that a couple of our cats are able to sense and jump at. Someone/thing that walks around in our gravel driveway at night. Oh, yeah and one night we had pounding on our front door with no one in sight and no footprints even though it had rained. The pounding kind of freaked us out. Otherwise, just usual poltergeist happenings. Not to fear, I guess.
    Val
  17. justlikemom

justlikemom New Member

When we first bought our house we had lots of weird happenings. We live very close to a cemetary, so we figured we had inherited a ghost or two. The weirdest thing to happen to us was hearing a woman singing a lullaby to our son (we heard a very soft song over the baby monitor). There were other minor things... but we haven't heard from our friendly ghost in a couple of years. I think her spirit is finally at peace and she has moved on.
  18. Golde58

Golde58 New Member

Your post made me laugh out loud!!! I truly do believe that laughter is a best medicine. It sure made me feel better!

Take care-

Kim
  19. ertekate

ertekate New Member

When I used to tell (one of) my ex-husbands that he was driving me crazy and I was losing my mind, he would tell me that, once it was gone, I wouldn't miss it anymore.

The man lied all the time but, I'll be darned if this one wasn't true. My mind has been gone for years and I've never missed it a bit! KatieB
  20. deelite127

deelite127 New Member

i'm not the only one losing my nind,,,LOL

DEE