OK....it's 1:58 AM (EST)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HeavenlyRN, Feb 15, 2010.

1. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Does anyone else have insomnia right now? I can't sleep and just wondered if anyone else was around?! I'm bored!!

{{{ smile }}}
  2. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Yes, insomnia is boring! I don't have cable (although I've heard there aren't too many good channels anyway) and I've run out of good books to read.

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

That's what Vic used to say on Vic "N Sade. Once one of the most popular programs
    on radio. Now pretty much forgotten. As Amanda McBroom says in one of songs,
    "Fame, it is fleeting, and stars, they keep fallilng."

Well, one way to alleviate boredom in the middle of the night is to listen to old
    radio programs. Jack Benny, Amos and Andy, George and Gracie, etc.

I had insomnia way back when I was a child. Nothing like hearing the mournful
    whistle of a steam locomotive on a cold and black Minnesota night.

Yes, pengy equals penguin. Some years back there were silly remarks about
    the pengies visiting, etc. Recently revived. As in, Oh, I'd better go. I hear the
    pengies at the side door.

I had about 2 hours sleep. Generally get 0 to 3 hours. Will fall asleep tomorrow
    morning. Hopefully after I get home from my dental appointment. Although I
    have fallen asleep in the chair.

My dentist dashes back and forth between 2 or 3 patients. Easy to drift off into
    the arms of Morpheus.

Maybe I'll go see if I can play some computer bridge.

4. victoria

victoria New Member

all too often! Tho it's usually so quiet here online at that time, I don't stop by...

One of my remedies: audio books. I don't know why, but "usually" within 5 minutes I'll be asleep if I turn one on. I can tell that's all the time it took when I go back to pick up where I last remember listening. --However, the key is to not listen to one that's TOO interesting LOL.

(The libraries have an online audiobook program now where you can download it onto your computer. Some you can further download to an ipod or mp3 player, some you can even burn onto a cd.)

AND, even if I don't fall asleep, at least I'm listening to something mildly interesting... nothing worse than feeling 'tired yet wired' & laying in bed with nothing to distract you except your own thoughts. (Tho I guess you could learn meditation) But somehow my thoughts quickly spin off into dreams as I listen.

--AND anyway, listening to a book is always better than anything on cable at night - you're right, you're not missing anything. The TV will go long before internet in my house LOL - the main reason we keep it is because my DH likes to watch boxing!

Here's to "dulces sueƱos" (sweet dreams) in the future!

(PS: ever try melatonin?)