Ok its gross but what would you do?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by painterZ, Nov 24, 2007.

1. painterZ

painterZ New Member

My curiousity over what other people would do in this situation seems to have overridden my embarrassment about asking.

Ok, I was getting up off of the commode when two 1$ bills fell out of my pocket and right into the toilet. I stood there trying to figure out how badly I needed this money. Apparently I needed pretty badly because I fished it out and washed it off. Eewww! So how much "dirty" money would it take for you to go in after it?

2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Whether you're a man or a woman (we do different things while sitting) it would still take more than $2.00 to get me to fish anything out.

Although it would be hard to flush good money...

Nancy B
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

With all my liver and adrenal damage, heavy metal poisoning, chemotherapy that was almost fatal, dogs and cats running around my house and all over me, stinky big cities, etc.

Hey, trace amounts of urine and fecal matter? No big deal! It's in the water, anyway!

Heck, I would have fished out a quarter. But I never did look for the quarters I swallowed in college playing "quarters".

I did stop bending over to pick up pennies a few years ago, though. Now I have to think about a nickel but dimes and above are fair game.

4. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

I still go for the pennies!

5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

seeing as some people actually drink the stuff because it 'gives them nice skin' (Sarah Myles, the British actress did it for years) - what's wrong with fishing it out and washing it.

[This Message was Edited on 11/25/2007]
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

I got a new cell phone this summer and had it clipped to my shorts. After I did my thing, when I stood up the 3 day old cell phone went for a swim.

So I got it out and used a hair dryer on low speed to try to dry the insides out. It works now, not the best sometimes but it was better than shelling out $100 for a new one. Carla
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

boss actually lost her phone and flushed it. Sometimes when she walks along the shore in Santa Monica she can hear a ghostly ringing from the ocean.

I remember almost 30 years ago. My son was nine. We saw 3 pennies on the ground. He didn't bother to pick them up. Said, "They're not worth anything."

He was right too.

Except, of course, for change. When I was a kid cash registers were mechanical. Most of them wouldn't register a penny anyway. The lowest amount you could ring up was 5 cents.

No supermarkets in our village then. When you went to the Red Owl you told Mr Mayo at the front counter what you wanted; he went and got it.

Sometimes he had to roll the ladder in place and climb. If the groceries came to $3.03, he would say, "Oh, forget the pennies."

In the 50s progress or at least change came to our sleepy village. We got a supermarket and an A&W Root Beer Stand. (Terms "fast food" and "junk food" not yet coined.)