Ok kids..do you have any tricks to help with balance?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tata1580, Aug 16, 2006.

1. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

I am wobbling all over the house today feel some what dizzy now...

Have any tricks in the old bag to help with this?

I must be really entertaing to watch!!

Thanks Tami
  2. IMHOT

IMHOT New Member

I have had alot of balance problems linked to silent migraines..... sometimes I am rockiin and rollin It made me very self conscious at first and my girls ( 23 & 27) couldnt be around me. I have had them for about 3 years but they arent quite as often now. I had a hysterectomy last year and I am on an anti depressant. Did it help ? maybe a little........ Every day is a new myriad of symptoms. Sometimes I can laugh about them sometimes I cry and sometimes I just dont care. Whatever the case I just want to be productive again and get my balance back.
    I am curious. Do they link the brain deteriation to the fibromyalgia??
    hugs my dear little friends
    imhot

3. beeleaf

beeleaf New Member

I just try to remember not to get too close to the edge of the back porch, since we never installed railing. ;~)

My doc prescribed a med for vertigo. It's powerful, so I only use it on the days when the the dizzies are severe enough to confine me to the couch. Thankfully, that doesn't happen often. It's usually more annoying than disabling, but we do have to be careful.

Do you guys feel like you sound as drunk as you look? That's something I've been very aware of lately, but am not sure anybody outside of me notices. It's quite a strange feeling, considering I've been sober for 25 years. Of course, it might be TMJ related. Been having a time with that little fibro perk.
  4. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

at least we are entertaining huh?

Littlebrownwren..my mother calls it the stuggers...she got staggers and something mixed up one day and ended up saying she stuggered here way through...and she does not have the fibro fog!

Mable--the Mri that you had did the deteriation show up as white spots on the brain?

lukro---I will try the switching foot deal..but right now I am thinking it could be an accident waiting to happen for me..but baby steps at first maybe..

How slow did you start with the yoga? was it hard at first?

Wamps--thanks for the tip on moving furniture..we are in a very small place but I will see if I can make it a little better..right now our animals are getting out of my way when they see me coming.

Imhot--I not sure about the brain deteration but I have read some where that the white spots that show up on some mri's are..I have had 2 head mri's and there were some white spots the neuro at the time said everyone had them...NOT..and he said if there were more it would be MS..but now I am really wondering..

Thank you to you all..

Remember to ...Tuck and Roll!!

Tami

5. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

That is a really good thing to remember...Last spring I fell off of our front porch again..and dislocated my shoulder...My grandson was with me, and it was not his first time at this rodeo either..he leaned down and looked at me and said...You fall of the porch again Da'ma?...yes baby...and go get papa please....He had a fun day at the hospital though..the nurses spoiled him rotten..

Sometimes I do feel as drunk as I look!! I guess it saves a lot of money huh? but I was never one who liked the drunk feeling.

Have good one
    Tami