ok lets have a contest...or experiment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tammy, Sep 12, 2002.

1. tammy

tammy Guest

Caffiene as we see in other post is not really good for us. I am an addict. I drink very little water.

Shirl gave a website of watercure.com go there andlook around.

Starting Monday, so we can ease of the sugary and caffience filled drink......Lets Do nothing but water with meals and maybe one morning cup of either coffee or soda.

Then lets do a poll to see who it has affected us. But we need to do this for at least 2 weeks.

Are you guys game?

Let me know.

email is simsfam@sccoast.net
    my name is tammy
  2. tammy

tammy Guest

Caffiene as we see in other post is not really good for us. I am an addict. I drink very little water.

Shirl gave a website of watercure.com go there andlook around.

Starting Monday, so we can ease of the sugary and caffience filled drink......Lets Do nothing but water with meals and maybe one morning cup of either coffee or soda.

Then lets do a poll to see who it has affected us. But we need to do this for at least 2 weeks.

Are you guys game?

Let me know.

email is simsfam@sccoast.net
    my name is tammy
  3. roro

roro New Member

You drink coffee all day long and no water????
    NO WONDER YOU ARE SICK!
    You are probably VERY dehydrated.
    I drink one cup of coffee in the morning, also an addict. I drink water all day long, probably 1 1/2 gallons. I cant imagine not drinking water.
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I, too, have been drinking VERY little water....mostly because my meds make my mouth taste bad and water isn't good to me. However, I went off of Aspartame a few days ago and water is what I drink now. I cannot stand the taste of "regular" sodas, and tea with sugar just isn't sweet enough unless I pour and pour, and who needs the calories! So, I have little alternative....water is it. I'm afraid that I WILL become dehydrated now!
    I'm trying to make myself drink more water though.......I've tried to go without caffeine many times and I have done so for years at a time, but I saw no difference in my health.
    Sorry....maybe someone else will have better results...hope you do!
    In health,
    Kady
  5. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I might join you in trying to drink mire water, because I do have a problem with not drinking enough.
    I can not give up my coffee tho, I drink 2 cups in the am and none the rest of the day.

We also had some articles here that said that coffee may not be as bad for folks as thought of in the past.
    I'll try to look later for thoes.

Well good luck to you and I will support your idea, but not give my coffee. ;o)

Hope you have a Great Day,
    Sincerely,
    kredca4/sharon
  6. tammy

tammy Guest

No, my problem is not coffee. I drink very very little coffee. Occassionally at work. I work swing shifts. 12 hours rotation of days and nights. Starting tonight,(FRI) I will work 630 pm -630am for 3 nights.
    But coffee isn't the culprit. Diet coke is.

But I have cut back on that. However, water is not my favorite drink of choice.

I drink it way better in a resturant than at home or work.

7. PAT

PAT New Member

About a year ago I started getting rid of the caffeine and working up to only drinking water. Now I cannot imagine going a day without several glasses! I've never measured the amount, but I'd say on a normal day I drink close to a gallon. I weigh 109, so I don't know if that's ok or not. I am a VERY thirsty person, always have been. Interstingly, my kids are too. And I don't think by example. They began drinking large amts as babies. Anyway, I was a serious Diet Pepsi, and iced tea drinker. I would go through half a gallon of tea a day. I now drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning, and the rest of the day it's water. After you get used to the water, it is the ONLY thing that will quench your thirst, and other drinks will taste nasty! I can hardly stand the taste of soda now!! I admit to the occasional glass of decaf sweet tea, but I always have to wash the sweet taste down with my water!!! It has made a difference in how I feel.I have so much more energy without the caffeine, and it definitely made a difference in falling asleep at night!!! Patti G
  8. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have not had any coffee for 17 yrs. now, and I never drank sodas, as I think they are even worse and they cause osteoporosis. I also drink a gallon of water a day. Has it helped my illness?
    The extra water may be part of the reason why I don't have as many palpitations due to my Mitral Valve Prolapse. That is the only benefit I've seen. Sorry.
    Klutzo