OK my Medicare goes into affect on the 1st of May HOW DO YOU DEAL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Apr 25, 2006.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

With getting referrals.I mean I have my primary.But have been seeing 4 other doctors on a monthly bases for my FM and CFS and osteo arthritis.

What happens with them.?????Can I still see them????I have never had to get referrals in my life what do I do so I can keep my doctors???????They have all worked as a team for a yr now and have gotten me out of bed.

I do not want to loose any of them.

Sue
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Sue,
    Congratulations! You've reached the age of wisdom!

Do you have a secondary insurance? I do, but it is a regular insurance. I only have to ask for referrals for doctors who, themselves, only take patients who are referred. I don't need referrals as a regular thing.

Do you have Part D? If so, then good luck. I hope you can find someone who can really explain it and guide you through the maze. Your local Senior Center shoud have someone trained to advise you, and they should be free.

Good luck,
    Terry
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I do have extra Ins.I do have part D.The part D I understand.

Thank you all.

Sue
  4. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

suzetal,

I was able to keep all of my doctors. Evidently they all took Medicare.

My Medicare pays first and my insurance pays 2nd. I kept the prescription part of my existing insurance because in the long run it is cheaper.

I have several prescriptions that are not approved by medicare so therefore my insurance didn't approve them either. All it took to get around that was a phone call to Medicare (no I don't have part D but they still go by medicares rules) and a phone call to my insurance and I still am able to get them.

I still save money with Medicare and that's about all I care about.

Hope you have as good luck as I have.

Dee