OK....not trying to start an argument, but

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HeavenlyRN, May 8, 2010.

1. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

......does anyone use and get positive results from magnets? If so, does it seem to be a localized positive response or systemic?

Thanks - Jan

ps....and kids, let not get ugly with our responses. A simple "no" will be sufficient!! :)

ps#2 - just re-read my post and realized that it sounds kinda sn*tty. Sorry. Didn't mean for it to be, I just know how heated some posts can get. In advance, I thank anyone for their responses - no matter what they are!!

Thanks again - Jan
    [This Message was Edited on 05/08/2010]
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

It did not help with my daughter's migraines.

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

They didn't help me any.

On the other hand, my refrigerator is doin' just swell.

4. hollie9

hollie9 New Member

I tested a mattress pad with magnets (expensive), I didn't notice anything at all.
  5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

How is your stove working?

Let's see the short hot one is the stove and the tall cold one is the fridge, right? I keep getting them mixed up and accidently left a carton of milk in the oven the other day. Sigh!!

[This Message was Edited on 05/09/2010]
  6. spacee

spacee Member

They made me ache worse but everyone is different (and you ask for positive).

7. canap

canap New Member

I have been wearing Magnetite (not Hemetite) magnetic necklace and anklet for about 6 yrs. It hasn't cured me but sure helped.

My sleeping problems are improved even with meds I woke up alot thru the night now I usually get about 7ish hours with 2 or 3 wakeups and right back to sleep most nights.

I seldom get a migraine anymore, and have to take alot more hydromorphone if not wearing it. I don't take it off anymore since my last rhuemy appointment 2yrs ago when I stopped wearing it for 3 days before the app.

I was a mess from cognative problems, lack of sleep and alot more pain. It took about 2or 3 weeks to get back to where I was before.

Since it helped me some of my family have bought some also for different issues and they got relief also. So I guess I'm a positive.