ok, so there is no escape????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sumbuni, Aug 10, 2003.

1. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

I spent the evening with my daughter and her 2 daughters...the light of my life these days...i came home in another sweat, heart pounding, shaking...stomach upset, panicing again for no reason.

I hate this!

Surely someone can find someway to put life back to the days when there was atleast a little energy! I have to work. I live alone, and there is no one to take care of me if i don't work. I am always sick, tired to the point of dropping, depressed and in a panic any more. What has gone wrong?

I pray that God will bless everyone of you with good health, and happier times.

sumbuni is down again!
  2. RoseSky

RoseSky New Member

I haven't been around any of this long enough to know if it will ever get better (sick for about 10 months diagnosed CFS just last week). But I'm sorry you had such a rough day. I understand your stress about work - there are sssome days that the thought of getting up and going to workd sends me into tears. But I have 2 small children and we just bought a new house, so not getting up isn't an option. Just a thought, is having your daughter and grrandchildren come to your house a possibility? I find that I am able to accomplish mmmore if I stay at home because the simple act of travel itself os so draining - by the time I geet to where I'm going, I don't have the energy left for what I went there to do in the first place.

Hugs,
    Adrienne
  3. kgg

kgg New Member

I don't know your history very well, but it sounds like you are reacting to something. I may be way off based, but was just wondering if you are reacting to something at your daughter's. Does this happen at other times?

I'm sorry you are not feeling well. And it sure puts a damper on your visit with your precious ones. Hope you are feeling better soon. -Karen
  4. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

This is the 3rd in a week, and I hope the last.
  5. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

This is the 3rd in a week, and I hope the last.
  6. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

and stick to them. I've never had a panic attack so don't know what causes them. Perhaps doing too much can cause them? (Please don't blast me if I'm wrong, I really don't know so am just guessing.)

Even though your grandkids are the light of your life, maybe you need to limit your visits. Or adjust them--maybe you could go in a quiet room for a little down time. Kids take a lot of energy. Or if they're noisy, try earplugs to help limit the noise?

I haven't been able to spend Christmas day with my family the past 2 years. But that's because we usually do our Christmas on Xmas eve and it runs too late and I'm wiped out the next day.

I used to do things (whatever the next thing that had to be done) until my body insisted I rest, because otherwise I felt lazy. I finally realized this is counterproductive to my health so I do a lot less these days....
  7. Patti2

Patti2 New Member

I do not think that there is an escape. I was at my GP this morning and this is a cronic illness. How many times have I wanted to jump. I am doing good today so I can think rationally but as you well know that can change in minutes. I finaly accepted the fact I have fibromyalgia and at this time there is no cure, just treatment. Yes I do take pain medication (vicodien) and Effexor for an anti-depressent. So I am up today but only GOD knows what tomorrow will bring. I have lots of days that I do not want to get up in the morning espically after having a DD sleep night. Hang in there there will be better days. And there will be tougher days...been both places and by no means since I am have a good day there still is ALOT of phyical pain but mentally I am on the upswing.
    LOL
    Patti