Ok, so waiting on tables wasn't such a great idea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greenbean7, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

We had our local hospice dinner and auction last Saturday. Our Red Hat Ladies group was recruited to wait tables.

My daughter, who is under 50 so is a pink hatter, and I were the only ones who had ever waited tables before. (She is now a dental assistant and I am an investment advisor's assistant so we aren't in the shape we once were!)

DD and I were off like a shot delivering salads and the other eight ladies tried to keep up. We were serving just under 200 people.

Main course and dessert followed and of course we cleaned away dishes between courses.

We were there for just over 3 hours and I was so exhausted my DD drove me home, did my dishes when we got there, took my dogs out and sent them to bed, and then made sure I was comfy in my chair before she headed 45 miles to her house (she really is the most wonderful person!).

When I went to bed I tossed and turned and twitched and jerked all night! Really over did it!

So, even if it's for a good cause, BE CAREFUL!! Our health has to come first! Next time I will stand on the sidelines and direct traffic!!

(BTW I donated a carving to the silent auction and it went for $100! My first sale!!)

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

FOR GOODNESS SAKE! Or as Mae West said, "Goodness had nothing to do w/ it."

You shouldn't be overdoing like that.

Put up a picture of one of your carvings.

Didn't you have a poem posted briefly recently? See the thread I started for light verse, song parodies, etc. Post something.
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Greenbean I hope you get some rest now.I'm your daughters age well a couple years older and I couldnt have waited on those tables.Your a SweetHeart doing that for hospice.
    Hospice has helped me with my father ,FIL and MIL when they were dieing of cancer.You picked a good group to do it for.

I would like to see one of your carveings also .Put a picture up for us.
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

My DD was standing behind me at our table and massaging my neck. She wasn't even surprised to find out I had a shot for a migraine on Sunday and then another on Monday. She knows me well!

Sometimes it's just so hard to admit that we can't do what we used to! I did just sit down after the dessert was served and let others pick up plates and such. I figured the caterers could do that after everyone left!!

I did start a poem thread but only got one response. I had hoped to do like we did with the story where everyone contributed. Since I'm only on line from 8 to 5 Pacific time I came back to check it the next morning and no one had responded after the one person (sorry I don't remember who!) said they were going to sleep and would add to it later.

I was discouraged and have been quite depressed so I deleted it. I know it's nothing personnal, but you know how we can get!!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

poetry thread, but didn't like either one. Thought I would work on them some more the next day. Haha. Fooled me.
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Sorry. Guess it was just one of those days when I couldn't play nice so I decided I better not play at all! Maybe I'll try the poem thing again.

Hugzz
    Greenbean

PS - According to the paper we served 235 people and the Hospice made $39,000! Not bad for a town of less then 15,000 people!

More Hugzz
    GB
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2006]