Ok someone tell me please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mykas_mommy, Jun 11, 2006.

1. mykas_mommy

mykas_mommy New Member

I am totally swollen when I get up in the morning. I cant hardly move my hands for a good long time in the morning. When I wake up in the morning my face is swollen too. I am also having issues with my middle finger on my right hand. The left side of my knuckle is rubbing my index finger knuckle, and it feels like it needs to pop but will not and hurts like holy heck.

What I want to know is are these symptoms you have or are experiencing. Is it from the heat and all the sweat that has been pouring out of my body. I have an appointment with my Dr on Tuesday but this is driving me crazy.
  2. luvmykitties

luvmykitties New Member

I have moments of swelling all over too, also only in some area's other days. I am frustrated as I see you are now.

I know that some of the swelling is the heat, and some is my diseases (Arthritis and FMS). I take anti-inflamatories and drink at least a gal of water a day. Not only does this help reduce the swelling, it helps flush out any toxins my body produces.

Moving helps my swelling too. Slow nice stretching and sometimes Tai Chi if I am up to it.

Stay away from caffine and salt. Some also stay clear of processed sugar, it doesn't bother me. They are the 2 big no no's. (Especially in processed foods like lunchmeat, cheeses,and so on).

But one other thing that might help is green tea, hot or cold. With a little honey. It also has anti-oxidents to help your body. Finding what you need to work is best. Only you can figure that out, I diary my food and exericse. If I feel bad one day, I check to see if anything I did was different the last 24 hours. I find a lot that way.

Good luck.
    MK
  3. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

I don't know if the symptoms you have are from FM but I am very glad that you are going to see your Doctor. Please let us know what he or she says.
    I wish you the very best and hope this is something small that can be corrected,
    Arlene