OK Something else fell off

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Jun 1, 2007.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I am finding out that being old is somewhat akin to having an old car. Something is always falling off or breaking down or blowing up.

Let's see now. I am 66, and my car is 19, and my Shit-tzu Chester is at least 17, so that would make, in car years,...well, anyway we're all pretty old.

Yesterday one of my fang teeth fell out. It was not unexpected; happens every two or three years. Been a troublesome spot since I had a root canal there back in the 70s.

Anyway the dentist glued it back for $50. When I was a kid you could buy a used car for that amount.

My newest symptom is my heart beating...in my right ear. Kinda like being followed around by the Little Drummer Boy. Gets unpleasant after a while...about 2 minutes.

I had another new symptom last month. Flashes of heat (not pain) down my leg. The old peroneal nerve. I cured that in a hurry. Just stopped crossing my legs while sitting.

How do I stop crossing my ears?

2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

You don't have to cross your ears, just turn off the switch. When I find out where the dang switch is I'll let you know. I'm pretty sure it's the same one that will turn off the ringing I've had in my ears forever. Been looking for that switch for a long time. I'm sure it's around somewhere.

PS. Molly's dog is a little bit pudgy, she just won't admit it.

And I have a new puppy and I named him after you! His name is Rocky or Rock for short.

3. ckball

ckball New Member

I am sorry dear, but you could be 50 and all of your teeth are in a cup on the sink and not one single one in my head.

I had the ear thingy too, after a AC/DC concert. Have you tried ear plugs:)

Really hope things stay in place, and your heart still beats just not in your ear-

I thought about you when I spent 25 bucks at the dollar store the other day. Give the puppy a pet for me and hello to Gordon-Carla
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

A friend of mine had a sound in her ear many, many years ago and it was something called a (phonetic spelling!!!) Brewie. That is so not how it's spelled!

Anyway, I remember that it was something that needed looking into. Look into your ear!

I hasten to add that she is still very much with us and fine.

Look into your ear, my dear!

Love from your fanatic fan,

PS Geeze, I got so distracted by your ear that I didn't say: sorry about your tooth!

[This Message was Edited on 06/01/2007]
  5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

First off - Ok twins! Try to be nice!! You guys crack me up!

Does anyone else walk in circles trying to see where that little drummer or bell ringalinger is? Keep turning to the left because I know I'll see him, but he's just to quick!

BTY - My golden would love to meet your shizzies. He would roll over on his back so they could be the boss and then let them chase him all over the yard. My lab on the other hand would ask me to throw one and think it was a squeaky toy! Silly furry kids!

Choose joy!
  6. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

As my husband would say, it sounds like you are experiencing some "technical difficulties". I'll send over my tech team for help. They haven't been outsourced to India (yet).

Those dentists have it good. I've been getting cavities due to dry mouth from all those lovely meds that are supposed to "help"---eeks!---I eat low sugar foods, so I don't think that's the culprit. Anyway, I know this is fascinating, but I had sealants put on a few of my teeth to help prevent the cavities, and it cost $40 PER TOOTH. With 5 teeth needing them, jeez, it was a fast "ba-bye" to $200!!

My car is 18 years old---not sure how long it's going to last, but we'll see!

Feel better, or I'll send over my tech team!

7. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I just had the second root canal in as many months and have one more to go. Riduculous when you figure I'm a prime candidate to wind up with choppers.. Even with insurance they put me on a payment plan ~ Ugh!

The beating in your ear.. that's interesting. My sister had a few major brain surgerys due to a tumor.. She is a major chain smoker. If she tries she can blow smoke out of her ear!! Now, any signs of an ear infection? Wonder if that could cause it??

If you can't figure out how to stop crossing your ears, you may want to take up a percussion instument and play along!

Love ya Rock..
  8. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Yup, you're right! If my sis called my Rey fat them's fightin' words!!

My "puppy" is in my profile. I guess you could call two 80 lb dogs "big"!

Stop and smell the puppies!
  9. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I said "a bit pudgy" not fat. I adore Kela. She is like a daughter to me.

Green bean, your dog is beautiful!!! Rock you should post a pic of Chester so we can see him. My Rocky is in my profile now.

Molly if you post a pic of Kela, we can all see how beautiful she is.

10. ckball

ckball New Member

Mrdad needs ya on the porch-Carla
  11. rockgor

I was so charmed and delighted w/ all your responses, I will be sure to tell you of my next symptom. I spect it will show up any month, day, second, now.

I am happy to report the Gene Kruppa in the ear effect has stopped. I'm sure it will come back, like Arrrrnold the Governator. It's been off and on for the last two weeks.

Maybe I'll take up a percussion instrument as Dona suggested. See if I can drown it out.

Molly, I can't post a picture of Chester. Haven't the equipment or know-how. Maybe Dar will do it for me. Actually she could post two of Kela. They are both b&w. Look like TWINS actually.

Hey, that's a good idea. Put up two pictures of Kela and then ask people to figure out which one is which.

Wonderful family pic, Dar. How far are you from Molly? In miles, I mean.

Hi Carla. I said Hi to Gordon and explained you were the glass artist. He says, "Tell her she does good work." I said, "I have; many times."

Hi Rafiki. I used to read thousands of medical reports. They usually say "No bruits or rales." (A dr. told me it was pronounces brew-ees.) Means no abnormal sounds from lungs or heart.

All this ear talk reminds me of Clark Gable. According to Hollywood legend, when he was new, the studio experimented w/ taping his ears back. Eventually they caught on: not necessary.

Wonderful pic, Greenbean. Is that your godlen retriever or the black lab?

I am pausing here. Don't want everything to vanish in a puff of Peter, Paul and Mary.

12. rockgor

Didn't want to take a chance on the electronic Black Hole syndrome.

Erika, so your car is also 19 y/o. If it's a Toyota, they could be TWINS. Did the sealant work on your teeth? If not, go talk to that dentist. Just hit the ceiling!

One of my friends just hates the very thought of having a root canal. He says it gives him an Erie feeling.

Hope your root canal goes well, Dona. Smoke outta the ears? Sounds like a Warner Bros. cartoon. Does your friend get asked to parties a lot? Light (up) enterainment.

Carla nl. Thanks for the kudos. Is that a Dutch word? Just kidding. I know it's a Kurdish word.

I went to the porch, Carla B. I didn't see any sign that MrD needed me. And he has those fantasy friends like Sister Guido arouond in case of need.

Thanks (Fangs?) to all for rallying around during my oral-otic emergency. We must all stagger along, doing our best. A little support and kindness along the way makes a big difference.

Oops. A wheel cover just fell off. When I was a kid they called 'em hub caps.

13. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm Late in trying to get in on the solving of your Problems!lolol! Hope your doing Better! my Aunt Had that stuff (Drumming in her ears) and it turned out to be an Equlibriam (SP) Thing!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The only other thing that i can think of is a Ha, Ha, Hormone imbalance (Sorry) i just had to say that! I Do Hope you are feeling Better by now! Your friend,,,,,sis
  14. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i would get that in my ears until i started taking klonopin at night....it drove me crazy. how the heck could i sleep w/that darn noise in my years. more like ringing. i still get it sometimes but not as much.

15. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

teeth - one of the things I dread most and have dreams about, my teeth crumbling in my head, I swear I couldnt eat with false teeth but that might be a good thing!!

Scarey stuff getting old, now who would invent such a thing?

Well your sense of humour will always see you through Rock.

16. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Rock,

Would you please let me know if ever can find the switch to turn off the ringing in your ears. I've had that for many years as well as like a feeling of pressure, mostly in the back of my head.

As they say, "Getting OLD is not for sissies" and boy are they right. However, I started alot of this stuff when I was in my 40's and that is not OLD.

17. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I have no idea what's causing anything but I sure am enjoying this thread!

For years I thought I was hearing crickets until I realized it was winter and the windows were closed! Huh???

18. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

but, do ask your doc. about the sound, ok?