OK, we need volunteers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SharonR, Sep 6, 2002.

1. SharonR

SharonR New Member

We need volunteers to actively take a position in "our"
    (everyone on this board) research. We have a cornucopia
    of talent and what every researcher would love, US, the subjects.
    Cool , huh.
    Please read the postings from Jillian, Shoobie.
    We have guy's already doing polls on our age, one on Mercury thermometers, and one on physical illness/or emotional trauma. The postings have been great, so if organized correctly we could see a picture emerge.
    If you have the time, jump in, if not, don't worry, just post on the questionaires when they pop up. I realize that some have fulltime jobs or that they are trying to get a life outside of this. And everyone has to walk away at times, just to remind us that life can be different. This can become all consuming. So not everyone will want to commit their time. Let me reinerate, that is understandable, but please participate in answering the questions.
    Then those volunteers can dump their information into the main work group, who will in turn put out the results.
    This may not put out any new information but it will paint a picture we can all see.
    And a pro-active stance beats the hell out of waiting on people who don't even beleive we are sick.
    I'm excited.

We will be posting the follow up today on further info.
    Smiles
    SharonR
    [This Message was Edited on 09/07/2002]
  2. SharonR

SharonR New Member

We need volunteers to actively take a position in "our"
    (everyone on this board) research. We have a cornucopia
    of talent and what every researcher would love, US, the subjects.
    Cool , huh.
    Please read the postings from Jillian, Shoobie.
    We have guy's already doing polls on our age, one on Mercury thermometers, and one on physical illness/or emotional trauma. The postings have been great, so if organized correctly we could see a picture emerge.
    If you have the time, jump in, if not, don't worry, just post on the questionaires when they pop up. I realize that some have fulltime jobs or that they are trying to get a life outside of this. And everyone has to walk away at times, just to remind us that life can be different. This can become all consuming. So not everyone will want to commit their time. Let me reinerate, that is understandable, but please participate in answering the questions.
    Then those volunteers can dump their information into the main work group, who will in turn put out the results.
    This may not put out any new information but it will paint a picture we can all see.
    And a pro-active stance beats the hell out of waiting on people who don't even beleive we are sick.
    I'm excited.

We will be posting the follow up today on further info.
    Smiles
    SharonR
    [This Message was Edited on 09/07/2002]
  3. herblady

herblady New Member

sounds good to me. everyone answer the polls. maybe this is one way we can make a contribution. cindi
  4. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

I will help anyway that I can! If you need me to do anything let me know. I don't work and am pretty handy with the computer.

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

All the way!
  6. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Hi,
    I am no longer able to work, so am "blessed" with lots of time. I will gladly do whatever I can to help.
    Kathryn
  7. SharonR

SharonR New Member

Bless you in return. As soon as we figure out what we need we will begin to assign. Thank You so much. Should be the mid of next week.
    Watch all postings to see where this is headed.
    Smiles
    SharonR
  8. Wildcat

Wildcat New Member

I'll answer all questionaires. Unable to work also, have lots of time, come here at least once a day sometimes more.

Wildcat
  9. SharonR

SharonR New Member

Wildcats are notorious fighters, so you will fit right in, read your bio, and as far as the good mother thingy, babies do not come with instructions. So you were probably the best Mom they could ask for. I had a son and daughter, would have raised 10 boys with no effort, but my daughter, she gave me a run for the roses. We are best friends now. As soon as we get this organized you will be of great benefit. Thanks for responding.
    Smiles
    SharonR
  10. Karrot

Karrot New Member

...but I'm definetely willing to help in any way that I can. I'm in on the questionaires. And I'm up for anything else the Squad fires at me :)

karrot

[ advertisement ]