OK went to DOcs about MRI AND....................

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Apr 26, 2006.

1. darude

darude New Member

We didn't even get staarted on that!!!!!!! My Blood pressure was 192/110!!!!!!!!!! Took it five times and lowest was 187/100. Doc was shocked and said we have to deal with this before anything else as this will KILL YOU. So diffferent blood pressure meds and another EKG and more heart tests. But I still wonder if the PT is causing this as can't find another reason for this.
  2. wangotango

wangotango New Member

i have the same problem with my bp ever since they found my pt macroadenoma . was at my doc on monday and mine was 150/110. i also pee every 40 min all night long. not very much at a time, but a must when it hits. bill
  3. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

That is all you need on top of everything else you have been going through.

I have been starting to have major blood pressure problems when before I had extremely low blood pressure.

I'm sure mine is caused by my diabetes.

When I had low blood bressure the lowest it got was 50/30. Now it stays around 185/98.

Why can't things ever go well for people like us, don't we already go through enough?

Hope they can get this under control because you could have a stroke, which could be fatal or at least cause a lot of damage.

My son had a stroke during birth and now parts of his brain don't work properly he is in primarily special education.

Then also the stroke is what his dr's say is causing his seizures.

Take care, Pamela
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

...so sorry for the BP problems...like you don't have enough going on.

Mine has been elevated with the whole PT situation and I think there is a connection. Do you have Thyroid problems as well?

As we both know problems with the Pituitary seems to cause a lot of problems.

I wish you well and hope you get the BP under control. You hang in there...I am sending you good thoughts.

Big gentle hugs,

Karen
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

darude:
    At least they take is seriously because it is a killer.
    I had to be 164/124 before I was put on two BP meds. I have been on them ten years now. Yes, it is very important and if you have a chance to take it in stores or the pharmacy: do it. It will let you know if meds are working and you can report to the doc.

nyrofan
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

All you need right? At least its not an AIYH disease!!!

I hope you get good meds, and you try to release some of the stress you are experiencing...you've been thru the mill as they say...

Well, if it was an apple cider mill....enjoy some apple juice, LOL

Take very good care of YOU now, ok? You must, with that BP!!

Keep us informed...we'll be looking for you....

Hugs,
    findmind
  7. darude

darude New Member

I slept 14 hours last night!!!!!!! Don't have any energy today but managed to make dinner. Doc gave me boxes of meds. Lipitor for cholesterol and blood pressure med that is also duiretic. My MRI is booked for JULY!!!!!!!!! have to have blood test, xray of sinus and chest and extensive blood work. DEntist will be on hold as she says can't put me under at this stage.
  8. darude

darude New Member

Also on biaxin for bacterial infection
  9. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Please be careful.Keep us posted-you know that we'll worry about you.Linda
  10. darude

darude New Member

I see her next week after tests and if it is still high will be hospitalized.
  11. darude

darude New Member

answered your post
  12. Juloo

Juloo Member

...if it is okay if you take CoQ10 while you are on the cholesterol-lowering med. My doc at the FFC gave me a short article on cholesterol meds which said that while they lowered cholesterol, they also lower the body's supply of CoQ10 -- something *good* that a lot of CFS-ers have in short supply.

I know that my father-in-law's doctor put him on this supplement for the same reason and with the same med.
  13. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Wow, so sorry you had this. Was the doc's meter working correctly? Firts thing I check as some docs they are way off as kids play with them.

I bought us an auto BP machine that does pulse too and had it checked to grade it and it always records everyone's BP a lot lower than docs office.

Plus, I take it right too. Two fingers above the artery at elbow on left side, hike it up to 185 then let it reduce slowly, but main thing, no talking, feet flat on floor, arm flat and supported at heart level. Every so often I do right arm too and also standing. My heart doc does it this way plus lying down one as well.

I get so sick of nurses who sling the cuff on OVER a sweater and have you chatting and your arm dangling lower than the heart, it is not accurate. However, yours was way out, but I did want you to get rechecked, just in case it was reading overly high at docs.

I have fairly low BP but one doc, my BP was always really quite high there and the third time that happened I made him bring in another machine and too true, the BP machine had been broken for over a year, and he said, "Oh, we have people on meds for high BP too." Well, duh!

Anyway sorry to hear about all of this. Good luck with the meds.

Love and hugz Anne C
  14. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

What's happening today? Do you feel diferent with high blood pressure, or just like normal? How are the meds working out for you?

Cute bio picture! I really hope they can get you in for your scan sooner and find out what's happening.
    ((love & prayers)) Shannon
  15. darude

darude New Member

They took blood pressure five times and both arms. YES my BP is DIFFERENT in both arms but both were high. I'm on Micardis now which lowers it significantly and also duretic.
    My blood sugar was also very high so upped my metformin. Feel Ok at the moment. Have to wait for EKG, chest xrays and blood work to come back. Also have to keep checking in with her for BP. I showed her the blood rash too and its petchaie and she said that was to do with the liver??????? WAKE we have tooooooooooo much in common. Will keep you updated.
  16. kjfms

kjfms Member

...sending big hugs and all my best wishes that you will feel a little better soon. Do keep us posted.

Take care of you,

Karen