OK, What is Going on Now....My Veins Are Really Showing - Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by futurehope, Mar 31, 2006.

1. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I have been noticing this for about a month, but just a few days ago I started worrying about it.

As I sit here in my recliner and lift up my sleeve, I can see every big vein showing and sticking out. Back of hands and arms.

Also, as I sit here in my recliner, I pull up my jeans, I can see a bunch of veins there too.

Now, if I lift up my arm over my head, the big veins disappear.

Does this my sense to anyone? Do I have poor circulation or what? It is scaring me as I am sitting here thinking my brain and heart may not be getting enough blood supply.

A few more things, I have low blood pressure and have became EXTREMELY skinny in the past few months. Did not know if this might be attributing to the veins sticking out like they do.

It just seems odd that once I lift my arm, the veins go back down to regular size.

Anyone else have this problem?

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
    [This Message was Edited on 04/17/2006]
  2. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

This morning I couldn't believe it. My big veins on my chest, breast, arms, legs were showing like is didn't have no skin there. Like my skin was transparent.

My husband started working out a year ago and the ones in his legs actually stand out, not flush with the skin. I asked my doc and she said the veins will do that when you weight lift and it was normal.

It could be from you weight loss, but it concerns me with you having low blood pressure. Don't get me wrong it could still be normal, but you might want to check with your doc. Not because of the veins, but with the weight loss and low blood pressure. Unless the weight loss was a good thing, and you planed it.

Hope this helps.

Halo
  3. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

He would check me by muscle testing(if your out he can push your arm down, if your not he can't), to see what was wrong. He checked the lymphatic system and it showed it needed drained.

He told me that they tend to get backed up. He showed me what to do to help drain it.

You lay on the floor or bed without a pillow. You raise your feet so they are higher than your head. Use pillows or furniture that isn't too high. Then put one arm above your head laying on the floor. It doesn't have to be all above your head, at least even with it in a L shape. By only putting one are up it opens up the lymphatic system allowing it to drain. I don't remember how long, maybe 5-10 mins, then switch arms.

Thanks for the article, I need to be doing this exercise. Mine get plugged a lot.

Halo
  4. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Isn't there a difference between vericose (sp) veins and regular veins?

My mom had some vericose veins (they were like spider veins). She got them from her job because she stood on concrete for 8-9 hours a day for 9 years.

I don't have them. These are real veins that are buldging.

All the information is greatly appreciated!!! The article is interesting and I will try that exercise!! Is it done every day is just occassionally?

Does anyone know if this applies to regular buldging veins too?

Thanks again!!

Love and prayers!!
    Brenda
  5. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Anyone else have this problem?

Wanting to know also how often to do the exercise listed above.

Thanks,
    Brenda
  6. kel78

kel78 New Member

Yes, I have days when my veins (especially the back of my hands) seem to be bulging. I try to ignore it so I won't get freaked out. I think I may have also had some slight pain with it, kind of like a tightening sensation, as if my skin were being pulled real tight and the veins were bulging against it. Very weird, but thankfully it's never lasted very long...yet!

Mary
  7. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I appreciate everyones help!!

I wondered if it was because I was too skinny.

BUT, I think if I tell the Doc I have another problem, he will strangle me!!

I think that he is sick of me, but I need answers. I have had a lot of problems show up in my bloodwork, esp. high WBC's sometimes. Tons of stuff.

I seen him about 1-2 weeks ago and his voice went up a little bit while he was trying to explain test results to me and he refused to send me to an ENT, as my Dentist told me to tell him to do this.

Thanks again!!
    Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  8. sues1

sues1 New Member

I want more to read this
  9. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Have them on back of hands legs neck.They seem to pop out more when I'm tired /

My doctors have checked them and ran some test.Don't remember names of test but all was ok.....

My GP thinks they pop more cause of fatigue also.And your right put hands over head and they go down...

Good luck at the doctors ..let me know if they find anything.I can run it by my GP.

Sue
  10. Jordane

Jordane New Member

My veins have stuck out on the back of my hands for years.In my older yrs I have noticed more of the spidery veins on my legs and arms.
    Hope this helps.Nice to meet you!!!
    Jordane
  11. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I will let everyone know what my Doc saying about the veins and why they are doing this.

I have an appointment in 1-2 weeks, so it might be a bit!!

Brenda
  12. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I go to see my Doctor on Monday. I will post to everyone when I get back and let you know what he says!!

Yes, mine still stick out. But I bet I will get the old excuse, it is because you are too skinny.

Well see!!

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  13. gypsywomyn

gypsywomyn New Member

As I was reading the question about buldging veins, i happended to notice a vein really big blue vein buldging on my left forearm. I mean seriously, what next?
  14. Theresa

Theresa New Member

I just went to the doctor for this. I have a problem in my hands, feet and lower legs. They itch and I feel a nagging pressure. What's strange is it's been worse recently since I've eliminated sugar and gluten from diet. I'm also doing a colon cleanse.
    The doctor didn't see anything wrong with it just by looking at me. She took a blood test. I'll let you know if anything comes of it.
    Take care, Theresa
  15. futurehope

futurehope New Member

There are some of you that wanted an update on what my Doctor would say about my buldging veins on my arms, hands and legs.

Well, here it is!!

I am too skinny, just like I thought that answer would be.

Sorry to disappoint everyone. Wish I had more answers.

Love and prayers,
    Brenda
  16. CindyB

CindyB New Member

If your veins look like purple lines that that could be a syptom of Dysautonomia.Low BP is also a symptom.Check out NDRF.org