OK...what the HECK is DD stand for

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by raven5000, Apr 5, 2008.

1. raven5000

raven5000 New Member

LOLLL...I see it all the time in fm forum and now on here and am too embarrassed to ask!!! There are so many abbv that "pps" use (lol) and I get sooo confused!

ty,lmao,cfs,fm,mps,and SHS (spreading hips syndrome) ahhahha
  2. andnat

andnat New Member

Ive always thought it to mean damn disease
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Yes, DD stand for Darned disease. Unless the context indicates it stands for something else such as Dear Daughter, Donald Duck or David Duchovny.

Are you a hawkeye in Des Moines? Did you know there was a village in Iowa named Hawkeye? I was born in the adjacent county of Winneshiek.

Rock
  4. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Wow, Rock.... all this time I thought it ALWAYS meant David Duchovny! For years, I've been blaming poor David for everything that is wrong in my life.

I can't remember anything because of David Duchovny.
    I can no longer be as active as I once was, because of David Duchovny.
    I am in constant pain, thanks to David Duchovny.

I have read on the ProHealth boards about all the horrible things that DD is responsible for, and knew that somehow, for unknown reasons, David Duchovny was at the root of the FM epidemic. I never questioned it. I just figured it fell into the realm of the unexplained, like other Duchovny related things.

I guess I owe DD an apology.

Raven, don't feel too bad. We all were confused over these abbreviations at one time. When I first got online, I visited a board discussing my fav soap opera. I was always seeing the acronym "SORAS," and how various young characters were victims of SORAS. My mind always read it as "sore a$$" but I knew there was more to it, as I had never seen a soap kid get a whippin'. Turned out to mean "soap opera rapid aging syndrome". Like when a child character isn't seen for a while, then is replaced by another kid several years older - they were aged rapidly.

I blamed David Duchovny for that too!
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

I'd love to see DD's (David Duchovny's) face when he reads your letter of apology!

(Don't feel bad, Raven, I had the same troubles when I first started reading message boards! I think most of us did!)

all the best,
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 04/05/2008]
  6. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Raven,
    That "ROFL" in Victoria's subject line was not the sound of her choking on a hairball. It stands for "Rolling on the floor, laughing."
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

ROFLMAO

(rolling on floor laughing my a-- off!)

[This Message was Edited on 04/05/2008]
  8. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

WE al interpret differently it seems

angel hugs

Connie
  9. raven5000

raven5000 New Member

omg....this is toooo funny!

Just to clarify...I have been in chatrooms and forums and know most of the chat lingo, but just couldn't figure out the dd thing...as you don't see that often in the gardening forums!!! ahahahah

does David have a Webcam??? It's just GOT to go on youtube when you give him his online apology!!! LOLLLL
  10. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Who is David Duchovny? And why does he cause all these problems.

LOL
    [This Message was Edited on 04/07/2008]
  11. victoria

victoria New Member

he's a real mad scientist...?

12. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

First thing I checked was the official roster of mad scientists. He's not there! lol

He's probably one of those so-called "sane" scientists.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/07/2008]
  13. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

My DD is Darling Daughter, DH is Dear Husband, OD is Other Daughter, ok, just kidding on that last one!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  14. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

What the heck are titers? I hear this all the time on the fibro board but I never had the guts to ask.

Oh another one is EBV?

Thanks!
  15. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

OD is actually a medical abbreviation. It's for right eye as in oculus dexter; dexter as in right or dexterous.

OS is for left eye as in sinister. Left handed people are sinister.

Rock
  16. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Watch it! I'm a lefty!

Hugzz
    Greenbean