Okay anyone not like the shake???!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Jan 30, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

I started the aloe and lemon the other day I can tolerate that since it just is a spoonful and I swallow it pretty quickly then flush it down with water.

I bought all of the ingredients for the shake. I tried the origional and just could not get it down. So I added 1/2 banana no difference so I added a whole one plus some water. Still tasted the same so I added white grape juice. It was very liquidy at this point and I just could not drink it. I just put it in the fridge and thought that it might be better cold. Maybe I should try it with ice next time.

I feel like I did something worng b/c everyone comments on how good it is. My whey is also vanilla so I thought that would have helped.

I am allergic to berries so I can't add that. Any other ideas.

I think the light brown color is really throwing me off too!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/30/2006]
  2. jane32

jane32 New Member

Thanks but I am allergic to berries.
  3. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Strawberries are in a different family than Blackberries Rasberries Boysenberries and Loganberries. Blueberries are not even remotely related to either one. Cherries are not a berry.
    Strawberries are common allergens, but Blueberries virtually never are. The others are somewhere in between.

Gretchen the Ag major!
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

rasberries are the worst for me, then the rest as well as strawberries. I break out in hives all over. When I was five I had welts all over my body and was in the hospital. I can't have apple cider either it did the same thing to me!

I use to have a bad reaction to blueberries but I have been trying a couple here and there and so far so good. I will try them again this week and if I don't have a reaction I will add then to the shake.

I don't like cherries but I think I will definitely try the shake again but with some type of frozen food.
  5. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Three tablespoons whey protein, one tablespoon goat mineral whey, one teaspoon xylitol. Stir in a glass with water. Use flax oil later in the day as salad dressing or on its own, eat nuts later on their own if disired.

For some reason, my body reacts badly to all fruit and to molasses. So I get the minerals from the goat whey. I take spirulina pills too to get enough minerals.

My "shake" can't really count as a breakfast because there's not much substance to it, but it's the first thing I drink in the morning when I am too wiped out to prepare some solid food. Sometimes I will eat a cellery stick or some nuts with it.