Okay, Everyone! I Wanna know ages!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Frackie11382, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Frackie11382

Frackie11382 New Member

Hey all,

Okay, I just wanted to know how many young people are on this board. I am 20, turning 21 in November. I know that I had a really rough childhood b/c of this DD. I hope to get a few email buddies through this. No offense to any of the older members, because you guys are great sources of information! But I just want to know how many here are around my age and I want to know your experiences. Thanks so much! My email is in my profile if you want to email me sometime.

Friends in Fibro,

~~Tara~~
    [This Message was Edited on 04/09/2003]
  2. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Tara,

I am going to be 25 on May 20th. We seem to have alot in commen. I wrpte down your address as well. I hope to hear from you soon!

Love,,
    Kathryn
    [This Message was Edited on 04/11/2003]
  3. IndigoSC

IndigoSC New Member

Hey, I'm 24...just curious to the other young people on here...Do any of you have problems with doctors because of your age? It seems that doctors do not believe that I have pain because I'm young, but I've seen people on here and other fibro boards that are even younger and have fibro pain. I've also been told (and did not return to this doctor) that I was "too young to have fibro and too young to have pain like I describe" so therefore I must be faking, lying, or wanting attention. I was 23 when I was told this. I've never found a doctor who will actually prescribe me any meds either, as they say I'm too young for that as well and more likely to become addicted to them. Honestly, I think it's unfair that I'm 24 and have to be in pain like this all the time, everyday, when there are meds out there that could help me. But it's impossible to find a doctor who will give me anything.
  4. *Isla*

*Isla* New Member

I agree that there are definately really different challenges we face with this illness as younger people. Feel free to email me at sk8_4_au@yahoo.ca

God bless and keep smilin'!!
    *Sonia*
  5. scottabir

scottabir New Member

I didn't realize there were so many of you my age. It is terrible that we all have this DD. We should all be out having fun, going to college, and all the other things people our age do. But unfortunately that isn't in our cards I guess. Anyway, I will be 23 in July. I live in MI. I too have problems with Drs taking me seriously. Just last week a hematologist said the following "you don't look sick" and "you are too young to have all these symptoms". Yeah well I thought so too but s**t happens!!
    Anyway, if any of you need someone to talk to or lean on I am here for you!

Abi

6. skychomper

skychomper Member

im 23 and just starting to venture into the medicinal world once more. I got cfs when i was 19, had about 85% recovery when I was 21 which lasted roughly 2 years. In which i was able to have relapses and bounce back in a couple of weeks. a couple of months ago though, I had a major relapse and its been tough since then. Being young and having this is tough, especially when this is supposed to be the time of our lives- many people won't understand, but keep going. recovery is possible- right now, im getting some tests done in hopes of answering questions that are unique to me and my body, since all of us are affected differently in some respect. good to hear from you. my email address is in my profile. cheers!

-sky
  7. Frackie11382

Frackie11382 New Member

It's amazing how many of us there are on here that are "too young" in the doctors' eyes to have FM/CFS. Thanks for all the replies, and keep 'em coming! Anyone is welcome to reply, but I was just curious how many "young 'uns" (lol) there were on here.

Friends in Fibro,

~~Tara~~
  8. IndigoSC

IndigoSC New Member

Hey, I'd like to know what you do to help, as I have not yet found a doctor to help. I do have fibro, though, and not CFS (although I believe I probably do have cfs as well, just not diagnosed). I take many vitamins and minerals already including magnesium, malic acid, msm, glucosamine, and chrondroitin, multi-vitamins, b-complex, vitamin c and e, and calcium. Just wondering what all I'm missing because I haven't not found a lot of help from these, and I've taken them all for a couple years now.
  9. scottabir

scottabir New Member

I am interested too!!!!

Abi
  10. rebecca5735

rebecca5735 New Member

Hey Frackie! :)

I'm 22 and had symptoms of CFS for about 4 yrs, and was diagnosed about a month ago.

I can't believe how many of us actually suffer from this! Surely it should be more widely recognised and accepted, instead of being passed over!!!!

Anyway, if you want to, be in touch.
    Take care all you guys

With love and gentle hugs

Becci
  11. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I'm 23 and I have been 23 for about xx years, lol, just pulling your leg. I'm really 23 till I look in the Mirror, but inside, I have never grown up.

I just wanted to encourage you all to get togeather and share your experience's, what you know now, will help you so much more than when I was a kid.

Maybe we should ask our Sponsors here to add a Board for the under 30 Crowd, and that way we could read and learn from you also. If we Promise not to Butt in, (like this)?

Hi Isla, how's the schooling going? Are you still Skating?
    Miss seeing your Post's, you keep me young.

Sincerely,
    kredca4sharonk
  12. lou2

lou2 New Member

from the uk,
    with FMS/CFS since about a year ago.....
    But i think i am well on the road to recovery, i think age is on our side!
    I am a fine art student in london, i had to defer this year form being ill but i hope to restart my 2nd year in october.....
    There are quite a few of us in our early 2o's here.....
    x lou x
  13. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

Bless your hearts! and make friends!

I'm 53.

But there are not always FM people on this board, and there are not always NICE people lurking here. Keep your e-mails in your profiles. Please go back to your posts and "edit", and remove your addy. It is too public a forum, and I'm sure we all don't want you to get any unwanted Mail!

Love and Health to you!

Fibromiester :)
  14. Frackie11382

Frackie11382 New Member

Thank you for the advice. My post has been changed and my email is now in my profile. Thx.

Friends in Fibro,

~~tara~~
  15. smalone

smalone New Member

I would also like to know what you are doing to relieve the fatigue. smalone@shawneelink.net
  16. sp

sp New Member

Hi,
    I am now 33, but began getting 'sick' around age 23. I had been a professionally trained ballet dancer, and then very athletic in college until I began getting sick.

I am a bit better now, and more in touch with my physical limits.

Peg
  17. T-BO

T-BO New Member

Am I the only young man with chronic fatigue? I am 20yr's old from Canada and have been chronicly fatigued for about a year and a half.
    For more info, check out my profile.

Peace out and God bless!

T-BO
  18. bejo

bejo New Member

Don't count me,I'm 60 years old.I just want to say it must be really hard to be so young with Fibro.I was lucky,I didn't get it until in my 40"s. bejo
  19. LinnFam

LinnFam New Member

I'm chiming in for my son Joseph, 23, who is in Mexico right now at Hospital Santa Monica, undergoing various therapies & a vaccine program. Since we live in the San Diego area, we just had to give it a try. I think he'll be there a couple more weeks.

Joe spends hours a day studying commodities, stocks, S&P, and has made millions for several years on paper! When he obtains some stability with his health, he plans to execute it for real. He is also an avid Bible student, which has kept him sane throughout all of this.
    I'll keep you all posted as to any health improvements from this course of treatment.

Never stop hoping, never stop searching...
    LinnFam
  20. coyote

coyote New Member

Just turned 54 and still counting.

[ advertisement ]