okay, give me tips..i'm starving

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksl25, Jan 20, 2007.

1. ksl25

ksl25 New Member

hi,
    i'm trying to cut out yeast/wheat/sugar, etc.
    but i'm so hungry. i'm tired of what I can't eat....what can i eat?
    i have allergies to corn, milk, yeast, tomato, mold, etc.
    i've been eating nuts and oatmeal, fish and veggies, but all i want to do is eat.
    i'm average to below weight for my age and height, so i really don't want to lose any. i want to maintain it.

i have jasmin rice, but i'm worried about hypoglycemia now. oh, i remembered i bought yams. any other info would be soooo appreciated.
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

You are probably low on some nutrients, maybe just try some good vitamin and mineral supplements. Add amino acids if you're still hungry. I eat nuts, brown rice, garbanzo beans, fish, veggies and fruit and have been for months. Oh, and a little chicken, sometimes. I've finally gotten over food cravings but it's because of diet and all the supplements I'm taking. I'm finally getting what I need.

I'm battling alot of food allergies, too. The brown rice and garbanzo beans is the most filling thing I eat. Look on the chit chat board under the healthy recipes heading by xchocoholic for a bunch of good ideas.

bon appetite!

karen
  3. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

I have to eat plenty of meat to keep my hypoglycemia in check ... Like Karen said you should take a look at the easy healthy recipe thread on the chit chat board for easy to fix food directions ..

I am currently addicted to Karen's cesar salad dressing recipe. I add meat to my salad for a complete meal. It is full of good protein and healthy fats ... oh and I use anchovies instead of dijon mustard ...

Beans are good protein sources too, but they can have some pretty ugly side affects .. Lentils are easy and filling.

Also, I found when I was first going on the diet that I had to eat more in order to stay full. This diet may have less calories than what you are used to.

hope this helps .. xchoc

4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Brown rice crackers and cakes. Hope this helps. There is some satisfaction from the crunchiness of these. 17 rice crackers are a lot and equal very few cals. They are not cheap though, and look around. I get the organic ones at the food coop for 1.69. the supermart ones ar a dollar more and not organic.

If you like curry, I make quite a lot of veggie curries and serve them mixed with the rice and they are very filling. I use Pataki's mild curry sauce and never follow directions, I just use about a teaspoonful per curry pot for four.

Soy cream cheese non fat is alsop good spread on rice cakes and I add a little pickle for zest. In fact this is what I am about to have now. I also make stir fries with just a tad of olive oil with extra firm tofu.
    I also stir fry yams and add a little (tad) duck sauce I make using Agave. The Agave is a sweetner with no after taste you may try as it also flushes belly fat it is said.Love Annie Cromwell

5. ksl25

ksl25 New Member

hi again, thanks for the tips. it's the snack and carb cravings that are hard to curb.

aside from being hungry, i am feeling so much better right now. the guai has been in me for one week. i was able to do some light exercise. but what is so funny even when i think i'm feeling better, i try to write something or think of something and the fog tells me, i'm not 100%. i had to think really hard how to spell some words in this post LOL
    my yam just came out of the oven and i'm going to make some pork chops.

anyone have an opinion about broccoli and the guai protocol?
    i didn't get dr. st. amand's book in the mail yet. i read something about broc/salicilytes on another website.
  6. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

If you're still "trying" to cut out the refined carbs and get rid of yeast, you probably will be hungry for a while. Your body is used to getting quick energy, and so things like protein or vegetables aren't very satisfying.

It will get better pretty soon (probably within a few weeks), as your body adjusts to a different kind of diet.

Hang in there. Ultimately it should be a good thing for your body, even though it's hard at the moment.
  7. yellowbird

yellowbird New Member

In the interests of giving you a different opinion... are you sure you are allergic to all these foods? Do you know this from the way you feel when you eat them or did a Naturopath 'test' you using a Vega machine? I went the route of thinking I had to eat a super-resticted diet, and did so religiously for a long time and to no effect. When I let up on myself and started to eat what I wanted to, what gave me pleasure, I suddenly felt a lot better ( mentally and CFS-wise). I think people can take Naturopath-prescribed diets to a level that practically amounts to an eating disorder. My experience of food is that one should not lose sight of the pleasure aspect because pleasure is a force for healing.

My 2 cents,
    yellowbird
  8. ksl25

ksl25 New Member

i might sound like a broken record...but thanks again for the info!
    an allergy test did show the foods i mentioned earlier.
    i definitely want to find a naturopath.
    my sister started going to one and told me about a rife machine...
    anyone know if it? it is used to kill yeast in your body.