Okay guys, one more time....ANYONE from Northeast OHIO?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Scoobsmom, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

Just wondering... I too can relate how the weather change can effect me.. cooler temps.. ugh.... God bless all..Barb
  2. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

Just wondering... I too can relate how the weather change can effect me.. cooler temps.. ugh.... God bless all..Barb
  3. BonnieQ

BonnieQ Member

I live in Toledo and oh yes the weather is coool and it sure does affect the body and is horrible. Its the up and down temps that make me hurt. Lately it warms up , then gets cooler and ugh! Somedays its all I can do to get my hips and legs and feet going! Where do you live? I am on the Ohio/Michigan border. I actually live NW Ohio.
    Bonnie
    [This Message was Edited on 10/09/2002]
  4. megagrace2

megagrace2 New Member

5. megagrace2

megagrace2 New Member

I am from Youngstown, Ohio, the sinus capital of the world! My problem too is the change of weather although I cannot stand the heat and humidity. I get cabin fever in the SUMMER--in the house with the air on all day. Then in the fall, it is the allergies, along with all the pain and aching. in the winter--you name it! Is there any place you can live with this dd?

Where in northeast Ohio are you from Barb?

Meg
  6. Shelly P

Shelly P New Member

Hi Barb--

I've lived in Cleveland all of my life until this past summer. I've only had FM for a little bit over a year now, but I can remember last year at this time how the Cleveland weather affected me. Brutal!! However, once the weather turns cold and stays cold, I felt a little better. I think its the temperature change that does it for us. The same thing happened in the spring when the temperature went up.

Where in NE Ohio are you from?

Good luck!

Shelly :)
  7. toniad

toniad New Member

southwest ohio here, we are in the opposite corners of the state!

the COLD hurts me badly!!! cold air just makes me worse. i am in therapy, mental & physical, taking my meds doing what they say will fix me, and i'm havng more and more flare-ups the colder its getting. correlation? not sure. i wish the hell i knew.

hope you are staying warm scoobsmom!
    well wishes
    tonia d
  8. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

Im near Portsmouth, Ohio.. Down South (central) of Ohio. I used to live in texas (alot better place to be then here!!) Ohio is good for humidy.. not only that but really bad rainy days. When we do get heat its not the type of dry heat we need, it really sucks! When I lived in Tx I never once had a cold, nor did I have the problems I have now. But, knowing my luck I could move and it would be worse. =)

I hope you get to feeling better!!

Huggies,

Misty
  9. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

Good morning all.. I live outside of Cleveland, East about 30 minutes. I lived in W. Palm Beach Florida for nearly 11 years, and returned here due to personal issues in my family... Oh I could say I regret it, been struggling with so many illnesses since 1992, never was sick or tired or overweight etc in the beautiful state of Florida. I do notice now that the humidity is unbearable, so I guess even that doesn't look as inviting... I do not regret returning though, met a wonderful man who is a blessing to me and have a precious son... so ... even though today is one of my really bad days with the lack of sleep and achy.. I am thankful to have these guys in my life. Have a blessed day all...Barb
  10. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I grew up in Sandusky and raised my family here in Norwalk,Oh.Yesterday I woke up in the wee hours of the morning with aching in my hips, back and legs so bad I wanted to scream.Weather change!It was cold and rainy and I hurt all day.We hope to move to Florida one day but this is the only weather I've ever known and with this DD I won't miss it.
  11. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

I live in Mansfield. Half way between Cleveland and Columbus.
    I know what you all are saying about how the weather affects you1! This weekend was horrible for me!! Did you guys see the snow last night? So not looking forward to another winter. I think I feel worse in the winter then the summer. I can't seem to get warm no matter what!!
    Cindy
  12. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

just outside of Erie, PA... the weather is horrid here too! lol
  13. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Scoobsmom,
    I live east of Cleveland too. I have CFS, FM and MCS. Although, with all the alternative treatment I've done over the past 2 years, my FM and MCS are much better. My biggest obstacle is the CFS.

The summer's get to me the worst...heat and sunshine. But esp. heat.

I do not suffer as badly with the heat and sun as I used too. I have been seeing a naturopathic doctor for a couple years who cleared me of various allergies including allergies/sensitivities to Ultraviolet A & C. Once she cleared those sensitivities, it was MIRACULOUS as I could finally go out in the sun without getting sick to my stomach and extremely fatigued and weak.

The cooler weather doesn't bother me at all. The humidity doesn't seem to get to me too bad unless it gets REALLY humid when it's hot and then I got very fatigued from it.

Anyway, it's nice to see who all lives near me:)

Keeping hope alive, Monkeykat
    [This Message was Edited on 11/20/2006]
  14. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I live outside of Mt Vernon just about 30 min south of Mansfield. In fact I think we're going to go to the Outback there for dinner tonight because I feel pretty decent.

I'm weird because the cold actually makes me better. But then I have CFS not FMS.

Best wishes,
    Shar
  15. app5775

app5775 New Member

Hi all, I live an hour south of Toledo. Fall hasn't been very nice this year but this week sounds nice. Have you all been battling with FM/CFIDS for a long time? What do you take or do that has helped you the most?