Okay I just got my Epsom salts, how much do I use and

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

when should I take my bath in it? Before bed or anytime during day? I know these questions sound stupid but I've never had to use these salts before.
    Carla
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

when should I take my bath in it? Before bed or anytime during day? I know these questions sound stupid but I've never had to use these salts before.
    Carla
  3. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Wheres my head at. I need a soaking bath. Hubby has walking annomia and you know how some men can be sometimes when their sick(no offense to men on the board)but I think hubby just wants to be babyied alittle. I carried my little bag with my left arm coming out of drugstore and now I have the shaky muscle tremur and its driving me nuts,
  4. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

I use 3 cups of epsom salts and 3 cups of hydrogen perioxide with my bath. I dont do this every day. Maybe every other day.

I post on another board and a person told me she takes 1000 mg of C right before she takes her bath. Says it aids in removing the toxins from our body.

Gentleness
  5. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

You can take a bath anytime, but it is especially relaxing shortly before bedtime. You might actually be able to sleep for awhile afterwards. Hope it helps you.
    Kathryn
  6. achy

achy New Member

Two cups Epsom salts in hottest water you can stand. Soak in bath for 5 mins AND THEN add 2 cups peroxide. This way the epsom/hot water opends your pores to provide a way for the peroxide to get in.
    You may feel very weak after the bath, so you may just want to do it before bed or a nap.
    enjoy!
    Achy
  7. fibolady

fibolady New Member

usually a cup is enough and adding more is just wasting the epsom salts. i do like to add the epsom salts with other sea minerals, this way the expensive sea minerals go a long way.

i try to take a soak everynight. i have noticed when i skip my soak, the next morning i feel much worse. when some mornings are really bad i will soak before lunch and i feel so much better afterwards. this is the most important thing that has helped with my fms, cheap epsom salts you can buy at the grocery store!

warm regards, fibolady
    [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2002]
  8. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I have taken them in the morning, mid-day, and right before bed. Just when you feel you need it the most is the best time.