Okay, Now This is Really Weird!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FibroFay, Nov 6, 2009.

1. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Hello, all my Lounger friends!

Well, I do not see our threads anywhere on this board and have not seen them for days. When I post, it does not show up on this board either. The only way I can see our thread or my posts or your posts to me is to go into my profile and my posts are listed there. If I click on them, then I can read the thread!

Any ideas what's wrong???

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

The first page has numbers 2, 3, and 4 plus this post by you.

I have no idea what's going on. When I was born there were no computers.
    Didn't even have ball point pens.

I think computers are a mystery to everyone. Even to Bill Gates. He
    probably wonders how these devilish contraptions made him so rich.

Sometimes when I type a message here, it shows up in the window for
    searching the web.

Hope some knowledgable teenager or computer expert can figure out
    what's up.

3. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

LOL, LOL, LOL!

I'm posting this to you inside my profile where I clicked on my post! haha. Maybe I should email Bill Gates. haha. I'll see you all when this all gets straightened out.

Thank you for replying.

4. spacee

spacee Member

I'm as old as Rock so, therefore, of no help either.

I thought there was something that one could 'click' for tech support, but I have searched this site and the other board and see nothing like that.

Unless someone comes up with "real" help. I would change the title of your post to "Help! Tech Support needed".

Then we all click on the alert button and a moderator will read it and hopefully tell someone who can assist you.

I am going to hit the alert button on this thread.

Ok, it is really called the "report as inappropriate" but I hit that one to try to get you some help! Cause it is inappropriate that your posts are doing this!

[This Message was Edited on 11/07/2009]
  5. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Thank you, Spacee! As it is, the only way I can access the ChitChat Board is through my profile window.

I appreciate your help.

6. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Thank you both. I appreciate your help. Isn't this crazy? I'm posting through my profile. I cannot even see this thread on the ChitChat board.

7. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I checked on that and I have no one on my ignore list. I cannot figure out why I'm not able to see the Loungers threads. Not any of them. And, I have no idea if anything else is missing. I'll wait to hear from tech support. It's probably something real simple and embarrassing. Talk to you guys soon. Thanks.

8. spacee

spacee Member

and Bumping. We will be victorious...hang in there, help is on the way!! We are rallying the troops!

9. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

It feels like I accidentally locked myself out and cannot get in except through the profile window. hahaha.

Oh, I did email tech support, but they aren't in over the weekend. I'm sure I'll hear from them in a day or two.

10. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Find someone under ten years of age. They know a lot. I am still trying to figure out how you post through your profile. Don't bother explaining as it will probably go over my head.

My dad is 89 will be 90 in December and he is probably as knowledgeable as most 10 year olds. However, he just installed Windows 7, and is having lots of trouble with it. Knowing him he will have it all figured out by tomorrow.

I was thinking of upgrading to Windows 7. I have heard both pro and cons about it. Is anyone here using Windows 7 and would you recommend it?

Good luck. Hopefully this will all be fixed in a few days.

11. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

No, Really. This is pretty easy. It's just something I accidentally discovered. You just go into your profile, click on your last listed post and then you can read it, then click on reply at the bottom of your post and Walla! There you are. You posted. Only thing is it does not appear on the ChitChat board (at least to me). I didn't know either that you can do that.

Oh my. Something is really messed up. By the way, I have XP. Maybe that's my problem??

12. Holly-Admin

Holly-Admin Administrator

It looks like you had somehow put yourself on your "ignore" list, as well as a few other users.

We've cleared your list, so you should be able to see all the posts now.

13. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Yes. Everything looks good now. I appreciate your help.

Thanks to all of you who helped to rescue me!

14. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Yeah, that was interesting! Don't know how I did that. It cannot be because my fingers are just flying over the keyboard as I type. haha. I think it must be just plain clumsiness from this darn fibromyalgia. Oh well, situation resolved.

I am going to let this thread stand. Maybe it will help someone else who may experience a similiar problem.

The people at ProHealth are so nice. I truly appreciate them for all they do here, including allowing us to post here. I do not take their generosity for granted. I feel blessed.