okennedy@triad.rr.com

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by okennedy@triad.rr.com, Mar 20, 2010.

1. I have had fibro for 30 years (when it was called fibrocytis) I have had the chronic pain like a sword was stuck in my back. but I had a new pain and would like to know if anyone else had a similar pain. I had a severe sudden shooting pain in my back. It was so bad I thought it was a bee sting, it felt like a 20 inch hypodermic had been shot in my back. It hurt my skin for hours and is still sore after 3 weeks. I then had another one like it yesterday. Was not quite as severe but enough to recognize. my skin still hurts and muscles are sore. I take elavil to help me sleep and 800mg motrin for pain. usually a couple a day. I just wondered if anyone else had this? I have not been to my doctor, probably he would tell me to take the motrin. I also have hypothyroidsim and herpes. thanks for any reply.
  2. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

When you say herpes, do you mean you have had shingles? The pain you described sounds somewhat like shingles pain - from what I've heard. I've never had shingles so I can't speak on a personal level. In a similar vein, the pain does sound nerve-related.

But, I'm not a doctor......I just play one on TV!!

Jan
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Why does your user name look like a website url?

Have you talked to your doctor? It does sound nerve-related. I hope it doesn't last, and you feel better.