OLd Cartoons

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Feb 7, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

I really miss the Older cartoons Like
    The Flinstones
    The Jetsons
    Huckleberry Hound
    Yogi and Boo Boo
    Tom and Jerry,,,,,,,,,,,,,I suppose i could buy them on Dvd! But i Just want to turn on the T.V. at 3 pm and have them Magicaly appear! Anyone Eles? Lol...........S
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Forgetting that i can go to the Library and get them for free! I guess to watch for 2-3 weeks! Thanks for reminding Me of that!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm like you I could watch them all day!lolo,,,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 02/07/2007]
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

I liked those and Vegetable Soup, Schoolhouse Rock, Fat Albert, Fractured Fairytales, Klonkide Kat, Tennessee Tuxedo, Mr. Peabody, and my all-time favorite: Underdog!

I also miss the old Zooms, with Morgan Freeman. He was so young! Now he's old, like us, sniff.

4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

We get a channel on our satelite dish, called Boomerang, and it has alot of those old ones mentioned above, it's fun to watch our kids discover them!
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

My girlfriend just brought over dvds of the Andy Griffith Show from the library. She also has some of the Lucy Show. Now that was comedy. Jammies and fav. junk now I am a happy camper.
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Seems like i miss alot of the old time stuff! lolol! guess I must be reincarnated!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm not familiar with some of the cartoons mentioned! but The Andy Griffeth, And The I Love lucy show are Classics! Does anyone Remember Hee Haw?
    Wish i had the Boomerang channel!

I really miss the old days of TV..not to mention the old comics in the Sunday paper..much happier times as far as I'm concerned. The cartoons today seem so ugly to me.

8. sisland

sisland New Member

I Have to definetly agree with you on the cartoons today! They are a far cry from the good old days when all Yogi had to worry about was How He was going to get the pic-in-nic Basket! lol! The one's now are just weird! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Strange shaped Heads and bodies on kids and animals! although Good 'Ol Charlie Brown and Lucy and Linus and sally and snoopy and Pigpen and i know there is more but can't think of them ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Oh Yeah Peppermint Pattie! anyway they get some T.V. time around the Holidays,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Betty Boop was another favorite! and of course PoPeye and Olive oil were cool Too! :)
  9. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Anyone remember Mighty Mouse?? I'm showin my age....LOL When my daughter (31) was small I used to watch the Smurfs with her but that's the last cute cartoon I've seen.

Thanks for the memories Sisland!

10. mary124

mary124 New Member

Mighty Mouse
    Gumby & Pokey
    Tom & jerry
    Scobby Doo.....
  11. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for your replies! Tona~~~ Hey i forgot about the smurfs! They were soso cute! Papa Smurf ~~~~ baby smurf~~~~ Trying to remember all their names! There was a Grampa smurf with the Red Outfit,, and a Lady smurf (can't remember her Name),,,,,,,,,,,,,Poor Mighty Mouse! And all the others too! Scooby Doo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And ,Pokey and Gumby Too! Ouch~~ thanks for the Tip about the $ store! I Loved Gun smoke too and the Little Rascals!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Did you see the Movie that was made in the recent years called "The little Rascals?",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Love all the Old stuff!,,,,Lindyl,,,,I agree I would rather watch all that stuff Too! Nickelodien (SP) Is a fun Channel! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I do Like sponge Bob square Pants! and Patrick Too!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 02/08/2007]
  12. tonakay

tonakay New Member

She was Smurfette... LOL

The old shows, whether they were cartoons or the old TV shows, all had good morals, and the entire family could watch them together. I hate turning on the TV these days..everything is so depressing..and I don't find most sitcoms funny..infact, I find them to be pretty stupid. One of our TV channels is running the Perry Mason series, I Love Lucy, Green Acres, and Andy Griffith..I love it!!

Hope all of you are having a great day!!

14. sisland

sisland New Member

Oh yeah!! Smurfett! She was the Diva of the Clan!lolol
    JB~~ When i had digital cable i had that channel! I now only have basic Cable and Internet,,,,,,It was about all i watched and the Western Channel!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  15. SweetT

SweetT New Member

My favorites are the Flinstones and the Jetsons and Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry, but I don't think anyone mentioned Magilla Gorilla. I also miss Popeye. There was also Lil Audra.

As my profile shows, I love vintage and antique stuff. I turn it on Cartoon Network and get really agitated. I guess if I had Directv I could get Boomerang, which supposedly shows old cartoons.

For now, I get happy when Turner Classic Movies shows an old cartoon short of Tom and Jerry.

Yes, I still remember rushing home from school in 3rd grade to watch the Little Rascals and then the Flinstones and 3:00 and 3:30pm. That was the highlight of my day.

[This Message was Edited on 02/10/2007]
  16. sisland

sisland New Member

Oh yes i Do faintly remember Magillia the Gorillia and lil Audra!,,,,,,Winney The Poo And Tiger Too are also some favorites! Oh The Good old days!