Old People Don't have Fibro lol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tiredgayle, Jul 31, 2006.

1. tiredgayle

tiredgayle New Member

Hello everyone,

I went to see a new doctor and guess what he told me? He said that old people don't have fibro, so he said hang in there because it will go away lol.

I could'nt beleive he said that. I told him no it doesn't go away. He argued with me and I said well my grandmother is 87 and she still has fibro. He said well she doesn't have fibro then.

I told him all the research I have done says it NEVER goes away, you can try and get it under control.

But anyways, I decided I wouldn't be back to see him, because of everything he said to me and he didn't want to hear about any research I have done and he also told me he would'nt treat me as I am on morphine and he doesn't feel that people with fibro need morphine.

I was very upset as I felt that he thinks we don't suffer much pain.

I feel that this doctor has only treated a few people with fibro and that they have very mild cases of it.

So how do you all feel knowing that when we get "old" our fibro is going to go away?

I asked him so what age do you feel is old and when will my fibro go away lol. He said I can't give you an age.

Gayle
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

What a moron!

I can't even think of anything else to say that irritates me so much!

Susan
  3. He's an idiot, and by the way I don't think 42 is OLD! PLEASE!
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

...and anyway who is he calling old???

Love Anne Crom
  5. TAM

TAM New Member

Hi Gayle,

I'm very glad your not going to see that doctor anymore,

he must have got his doctors degree in a cracker jack box.

I wish you all the best and i hope you find a doctor that has a brain and knows how much pain your in and that your pain is REAL!

Take care, you will be in my thoughts. Tammy
  6. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I am so glad to hear that! I wonder what I do have?

I have been hanging in there for about 30 years.

Maybe next year when I am another year older, I will be healed?

Now that would be nice. Love denamay