Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SweetT, Oct 6, 2008.

1. SweetT

SweetT New Member

Hi Everyone,

We had quite a scare. My oldest daughter, while walking to the store to get a birthday present for me, was hit by a car, flew up in the air, and sustained, among other things, a head injury. She had to be flown via helicopter to a trauma center. She is home now and under observation by us.
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Wow, that is just so scary! Thank God she is home and okay. I am sure you will be like most Moms and have one eye open all night watching her. I will say a prayer for her to recover quickly. Hugs, Kim :)
  3. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I will keep your daughter in my prayers. Thank goodness she is okay and able to be home with you. She definetly had an angel watching over her.

4. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

I'm so relieved to hear that your daughter was able to come home. What a traumatic situation for the whole family.

Prayers going your way.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I pray for your daughter and your family. That was quite a scare. I also pray for no residual problems from the head injury.

Love, Mikie
  6. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your daughter and your whole family that she is restored to good health as quickly as possible.

Love, Erika
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank god she is home, what a horrible thing to have to go threw. My thougts and prayers are with you and your daughter-Carla
  8. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

for your daughter and your family. How traumatic. I am sending you my warmest thoughts and will keep all of you in my prayers.

Here's to your daughter's speedy recovery.

9. SweetT

SweetT New Member

Everything is just touch and go. My daughter's head hurts really bad (which is to be expected, since she landed on her head). Also, I have not gotten any sleep because she was either vomiting or nauseous all night.
  10. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Thanks for updating us. I'm so sorry your daughter is dealing with that. It sounds miserable. Sorry too that you aren't getting any sleep. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Hope it gets better very soon.

Warm hugs,

11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sweet T,

I thought I had already written to you , maybe it was on your b- day thread. Sorry ! I hope she doesn't have a concussion, if you said she has been nauseous. Hope she feels a lot better soon.

I am a sure that is alot of stress on you with worry on your birthday. Of course, any time that should happen to your daughter, that would be just swful.

You and your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings and hugs to you both,

12. springwater

springwater Active Member

Really sorry to hear about daughter. Prayers going up for her. I cant imagine what youre going through...as a mom it would be a nightmare..theres a neighbour whose son fell down two stories while kite flying on a rooftop and injured his head. He is okay now.

God Bless
  13. SweetT

SweetT New Member

And I went to work (on about 5 hours of sleep TOTAL SINCE MONDAY NIGHT). My sick time is just about gone---I'm down to single digits now and would have been facing AWOL. I know that if my daughter requires more long-term care, I can get FMLA to care for her while she recovers. For now, we're playing it by ear.

Yes, school was the roughest place that I could have sent her, but it is also the best judge of just how much she can function. I don't want her to be afraid to leave the house.

I just hate that my kids have to catch the bus so early (at 6:15 and 6:30am).