OLE and Excessive Mucus Production

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pindooca, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

Hi All!

I started taking Olive Leaf Extract (OLE) about a week ago in an effort to help my sinus problems. I really feel it's making a bit of a difference. I haven't had to take any Sudafed or Tylenol all week.

However, I am having a problem with feeling that my lungs are full of mucus or phlegm for about 1/2 the day. From the time I get up until about 1-2 p.m., I am coughing, productively, with clear mucus. There is no pain, but I feel like the OLE might be acting as a decongestant.

Anyone else have this side-effect to OLE?
  2. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

Any OLE takers out there have any input?

It's 4:17 and I'm done coughing for the day now :)
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

When I first started the C-PAP w/O2 I hacked up all kinds of crap and it scared me too!

Well, I guess it was stuff I did not need there in the first place. I would guess the same is happening to you.

Can you expand your diaphram good? When I discovered I had obstructive sleep apnea I had been slacking off badly with my breathing exercises. So, when I decided to "give myself a sound check" my diaphram was noticibly weak!

Oh, my gosh, I thought something horrid was going on..but now that I have gone back to practicing, the diaphram is once more working efficiently.

Hope this helps. CactusLil'
  4. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

... but I'm breathing much better. I'm also a member of a show chorus and I have felt able to control my breath better when singing, and even sing with more accuracy since starting OLE.
  5. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

mucus, but eventually it should decrease the mucus...It very much works in these areas and I breathe much easier, now, as the mucus has been cleared from my nasal passages..I have hardly any phlegmn presently..

Plantscaper
  6. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Hi pindooca,

I`m so pleased the OLE is working for you, but just thought i`d mention to keep up your water intake, this`ll help you no end, also add a pinch of pure Sea or Rock Salt to every drink.

Water & Salt therapy will help the body to address a lot of symptoms. But then so does eating healthily but I expect you already know that...

Love Pat.