OLE and TF

Discussion in 'Transfer Factor' started by foxglove9922, Sep 30, 2004.

1. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Since Olive Leaf Extract is an antifungal/antiviral, should it be discontinued while taking Transfer Factor?

Thanking in advance. Debi
  2. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I believe she took both together . HOWEVER , transfer factor or any colostrum tends to be chemically "delicate"
    I have read . Because of this, i would not take them at the same time .

Actually, with the TF , I do not to take any other supplements within an hour of taking it , to avoid interactions or the possibility of it becoming denatured . It is too pricey to risk losing the effectiveness intended.

Others may have different opinions, but i have read info suggesting it is best to not take anything else when you take the Tf.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

They will make the TF's less effective. If the live pathogens in the TF's aren't able to "tickle" the immune system, they cannot produce the immune response which trains the body's immune system to kill those pathogens.

The TF's are so expensive that it is a shame to do anything to make them less effective.

Love, Mikie
  4. granolababy

granolababy New Member

i just bought a bottle of tranfer factor plus by 4Life and olive leaf extract is one of the immune boosting ingredients (along with beta-glucan, mushrooms, etc.) added to the actual transfer factor. perhaps that helps answer your question, though you might want to contact the manufacturer of your tf to get a definitive answer.
    -jj
  5. spacee

spacee Member

So, IMHO, a NON targeted transfer factor could benefit with the use of Olive Leaf Extract since OLE kills viruses, fungi, and bacteria.

The 4Life Plus is an excellent NON targeted product.

I would agree with the fact that the targeted TF's are sensitive. I would use caution after spending so much money for the targeted kind to add the other...but that is my thought.

But this is excellent info. It would be a cheaper approach. One that might be "easier" on the system starting out OR later thru the process when you don't feel you need the targeted ones.

I will definitely keep this in mind! I am ordering OLE from ProHealth on my next order for hubby. It helps the LDL cholesterol too. I think it is about $10 a month.

Smiles,

Spacee
  6. deliarose

deliarose New Member

joseph brewer...suggestd taking OLE and TF ...for what it's worth.
    delia
  7. spacee

spacee Member

I always like to have his opinion! So, v. good to know.

Spacee
  8. deliarose

deliarose New Member

switched to the MP.. does that mean the anti-viral/anti coagulation thing didn't work for her?
    delia
  9. spacee

spacee Member

She was stable in her symptoms but still taking OLE and colostrum. She took a trip from the west coast to the east coast and reflared. Next I knew she was on MP.

Spacee
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]

PS I just read your post to the young man from the UK who posted. I am impressed with all you have learned (and retained). I feel I have forgotten or not retained sooo much.

I also read an old post from you to me about Dr. Lapp..opps..didnt see it. No, I never felt he was cutting edge after he and Dr. Cheney went their separate ways. He, I'm sure, still knew more than the average doc, but internet has soooo much info for us.

As far a Rich Carson and juicing, I have heard about organic, whole foods, juicing, etc...forever. Have I done it. No. I am only at a point now that I have the energy to do it. But I think there is a reason in life for everything. So...NOW I will. lol

Thanks for helping to keep us up to speed on the info! [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2006]
  10. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I will happily forget it all as soon as I am recovered..
    delia
  11. spacee

spacee Member

You have hit the nail on the head!!!! Would LOVE to forget all I know about CFS and enjoy being well!

Spacee
  12. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Sorry for the long delay in responding. Many thanks for all the information.

foxglove
  13. spacee

spacee Member

I finally started OLE about 5 or six days ago. A couple of days later I went to an exercise class. Boy, did I ever have deep muscle aches afterward. And had more muscle pain than usual for the next several days. It is getting better.

I take the reaction as a good sign.

Right now I am taking the OLE daily, Immune Transfer C on Monday, Wed. and Friday mornings. Mycoplus on Sunday nite, Monday nite and Tuesday nite.

Eventually, I will mix up the days I take them so the pathogens will be confused!

Spacee
  14. spacee

spacee Member

Had horrible response to the OLE and stopped it for the holidays. I take the horrible response as good in it's on way but just can't deal with it at this time.

The response was PAIN!! Also, difficult to get out and do my errands (had to have hubby drive me). Extreme irritability...how nice for the holidays :-(.

I am better now. Seems it is out of my system.

Hugs to all,

Spacee
  15. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Thanks for all the info Spacee. I'm not even sure which type of TF to start with. I have tested high viral loads of EBV, CMV, ParvoB19 and HHV6a. I was thinking ImmuneCare64. What would you suggest?

By the way, what is Mycoplus?

I'm currently working with Dr. Enlander in NYC utilizing Hepapressin (bovine version of Kutapressin), ImmunoProp (glutathione, mag, sel, B12, etc), HGH injections, Klonopin, Elavil, and many supplements over the years.

thanking you in advance for your kind responses.

Foxglove
  16. spacee

spacee Member

I really respect Dr. Enlander. How lucky you are to have him as a doc. Except that he doesn't use TF's that I know of.

I think that the Immune 64 would be an excellent place to start. Their product is the same price as Immune Transfer C here and it targets HHV6 A&B. It also comes in a three capsule a day dose. That way you could start out with one and see if you have a strong reaction to it. And work your way up to three a day.

Rich Carson on his difficult road to recovery used Immune Transfer C and Mycoplus (along with mercury detox and juicing)

I have never been tested for Mycoplasms but the Marshall Protocol addresses them. When I was on their protocol I did herx so I know that I have them. When I read about Rich, I decided to try the Mycoplus. I really like it alot. After some intial herxing I started feeling strong enough to do some serious exercise classes.

Mycoplus is sold at this site but they don't advertise it. Don't know why. It cost about $145 a bottle of 30.

I do love the Olive Leaf Extract too...I mean $10 a bottle!
    But I just take it when life is calm...like no holidays. It seems to be killing something.

You are more than welcome for anything I know. The TF's don't work for everyone but for the ones that they help they are a lifesaver.

Spacee
  17. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Many, many thanks Spacee for all the info. Yes, you are correct that Dr. E does not utilize TF,,,,forgot why, but I did ask once. I've also seen Dr. Levine in Manhattan and she feels they break down in the stomach acids and never reach cellular level.

I have previously tested positive for mycoplasmas and have done almost 2 years on AB. Recently I had a bout of bronchitis that required an AB, think it was Levaquin. Man or man did I herx like the devil. Got rid of the bronchitis real quick but I was virtually bedridden from the AB.....makes me think something is at play still.

After years of CFS and also a sick child with CFS, divorce due to CFS, lost of work due to CFS, I have drained many of my resources in search of relief. Everything is so pricey. Now I have to be very picky about what I'm spending my meager SSDI on.

Are you seeing good results with TF?

Best wishes,

Foxglove
    [This Message was Edited on 12/09/2006]
  18. spacee

spacee Member

I had been on Kutapressin for about 16 years when it was no longer made. Because of this site I was able to read about TF's and picked Immune Transfer C because it targeted EBV and one of the HHV 6's that I knew that I was positive for and Kuta. targeted.

Without Kuta or Immune Transfer C I would be mostly homebound. Klonopin has helped me alot with the burning skin pain thought too.

Then when Rich Carson wrote about the Mycoplus Transfer factor I decided to try it and it helps too.

Yes, I agree they are pricey. To help with the cost, I took the Immune Transfer C long enough for my body to fill the full effect. Then I cut back to taking it Wed, Thurs, Fri. and Sat. and I take the Mycoplus Sun, Mon and Tues. I might vary it some but that is basically it for me.

That way I get both in my body each month but pay for what one would cost if taken daily. Each of these costs about $140 for 30 capsules.

If push comes to shove, I will take 1/2 a capsule to still take it but cut the price. I haven't tried that yet but I have gone off Immune Transfer C and went 2 months 3 weeks before I noticed any adverse reactions.

Mikie posts alot about pulsing. She is able to get by with taking 2 capsules every 6 weeks. That REALLY cuts the cost. I believe that she also will pulse an ABX and AV as needed. At least she did for a while. She also owns a zapper to kill pathogens. I really don't know anything much about it though.

Hope that helps,

Spacee

19. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Many thanks again Spacee for all the information. I also take Klonopin for sleep.

[ advertisement ]