OLE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AmyKaiser, Jun 18, 2003.

1. AmyKaiser

AmyKaiser New Member

i purchased some today...
    450 mg by natures way...

instructions say 3 at a time 3x a day, but the other brands dont recommend that much..

any info as to strenght to take?

[This Message was Edited on 06/18/2003]
  2. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Olive Leaf Extract, OLE? Never heard of OTE...
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I initially took the 450mg capsule and it caused too bad of herxing..(the instructions on these bottles really indicate too much of a dose for people with a lot of pathogens to be disposed of, especially, the instructions on yours) and we probably don't know at this time, how bad your herxing will be..I would just take one, today, and see what effects you have from it..If it is too much to deal with, then it is better to go back to a l50mg-200mg capsule, so that the herxing will be much easier to handle..

The usual herxing symptoms are flu-like, and especially, I think, headaches are a frequent symptom, for those who have a tendency..You can, also, have some unique symptoms..Just expect some herxing and drink a lot of water to clear the toxins from your body..The main step is to go fairly slowwwww until you know how it effects you..and then, to gradually build up slowly, depending on your symptoms..

Hope all goes well,
    Plantscaper
  4. AmyKaiser

AmyKaiser New Member

ok thats what ill do...
    what exactly is herxing...a reaction to a new med or herb..or a bad reaction...and do they subside...
    i suppose i should have bought the brand with less milligrams...
    and the way u explain it makes it sound like i want to build up my dosage to whats medicinal for me?
    so it clears toxins etc?
    i am assuming AM is the best time to take it...
    thanks Plant,
    Amy
  5. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Herxing is the result of disposing of the above pathogens in your body...it works much like the ABX therapy (antibiotics on bacteria, but it also works on the above)..so it is a good reaction as you are getting rid of the "critters", however, you will probably, have flu-like symptoms, which can be minimized by starting with low doses of the OLE and gradually building to higher doses..

...Expect to feel fairly lousy for a few days to a week..but once, you get past the herxing period, you will feel much better..Be sure to drink the water, as this is very important to getting rid of the toxins from the death of the pathogens..It never competed with my sleep, but start when you think it's time, but they say taking it between meals is the best..A schedule to take it, initially, is to take one for a week, then two for a week, and so forth, with about 6 hours inbetween..

6. AmyKaiser

AmyKaiser New Member

Thanks for taking the time out to respond to me..
    now i know to hold off on starting taking OLE when i can afford to have a few days to herx

xoxo