Olive leaf extract - detox - chia seeds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by lesliesue, Jan 20, 2013.

1. lesliesue

lesliesue New Member

Hi All,

I have a question and/or would love input about your experiences, if any. I have Lyme, CFS, fibromyalgia, yeast problems from years of antibiotics (....which I can not take at all anymore because I get so sick), mold sensitivities, arthritis and psoriasis, herpes, you know, probably like a lot you, the list goes on.

I will try to make this as short as possible. : ) I was seeing Dr. Shoemaker. He put me on abx. And beg spray for a hard to reach nasal infection. I got very, very ill. So I went off the abx (at his recommendation) two weeks early (after 2 weeks on). I was concerned that I may have let loose bacteria that was not killed. And also having the candida problems I found out about olive leaf extract. I have been taking it for a month or so, starting out very slowly because it caused gut issues.....and like most of us, I am extremely sensitive.

I have been juicing for 4 months. Sometimes fasting, but mostly trying to eat a healthy, mostly veggie/nut/seed diet. So there has been some detoxing with the juicing. Recently I started chia seeds. I read that they are excellent for detoxing. I figure if the OLE is killing off fungus, bacteria, viruses, I need to detox.

Apparently the chia seeds are causing itching.....incredibly bad itching. At first I thought this was the detoxing....but just read the post about omega 6 being a proinflammatory. Chia seeds have a ton of omega 3, but also some omega 6. So this may be an inflammatory response?

I would love to hear any information or experiences any of you have had with any of these things I have mentioned. I would also LOVE to hear what you have used, successfully, to detox.

Thanks so much!
    Lesliesue
  2. neoplus1

neoplus1 Member

I wouldn't assume detox and I doubt it is the omega-6 fatty acids. That sounds more like an allergy. If I were you I would discontinue the chia seeds.

Steve
  3. lesliesue

lesliesue New Member

I have been thinking that sounds like the issue. So I am not going to do the seeds for a few days and see what happens. Thanks so much for your input!