Olive leaf extract Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gothbubbles, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

Many members of the board have posted about olive leaf, and I was curious: it sounds like a powerful antibacterial, does it also kill tummy bacteria? I take probiotics to support my tummy bacteria, and I'm curious if this would exacerbate potential yeast problems?
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

it's supposed to help candida as well ... altho I don't know how it's supposed to differentiate exactly good/bad bugs of any kind.

So, here's a bump!

all the best,
    Victoria

3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Maybe it kills yeast. Personally, I've not observed it doing much for that.

(I've not found that it helps with viruses much either, but maybe I just have so many viruses that it can't make a dent.)

I'd go for oregano oil. It seems to be anti-viral and anti-yeast, and seems to be helpful for me.
  4. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

If any one else has had good results from olive leaf, please tell me your story!
  5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Goth bubbles

I am not an expert on Herbals so I can't really advise you. I have been visiting an Herbalist who uses muscle testing to test different systems in the body.

She put more on several herbal products to help me. One of these was olive leaf. She said the olive leaf was to help with viral problems. After taking the olive leaf for 2 months she said the viral problem is gone and I don't need to take it anymore.

I still have most of an open bottle left so she said to put it in the freezer until the winter viruses start plaguing us again.

She also said that my yeast has almost completely cleared up as well though she wasn't treating me for yeast. It has cleared with getting my other systems working better.
    In the meantime I am continuing on with the rest of the herbs that she has me on. In my case cholostrum (for immune), adrenal extract, liquid minerals, and milk thistle (for liver function) and a magnesium and malic acid.

I am seeing slow but steady progress with taking these herbs. Nothing dramatic but then I didn't get sick overnight either.

hugs Redwillow
  6. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

The only benefit I saw with Olive Leaf was in cold symptoms. Take several pills intermittently during the day with hot tea with the first cold symptom. It will make you feel very tired, but either the cold will go away or be of lesser duration.

Currently, I am taking a product that I purchased online from the FFC online store. It is called Ultraceutical Antiviral. Very expensive - over $100. I take 3 pills 3 times a day. I suspect it has made a dent in my viral load. When I ran out, I felt more malaise. When I ordered a new supply my malaise decreased.

In addition I take ProBoost 3 packs a day to ward off nasty viruses and help my immune system fight off the viruses I do have.

Also, I drink no fruit juices, eat no chocolate, nuts, or sweets. I try to eat low arginine foods. Herpes viruses like to feed on these.

Hope this helps.

CherylSue
  7. kbak

kbak Member

I went to the site store but couldn't find Ultraceutical Antiviral. Does it have another name?

Thanks,
    kbak
  8. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Go to the FFC online store. On the left select "antiinfectives". Then select "antivirals." Scroll down to Ultraceutical Antiviral.

CherylSue
  9. shell

shell New Member

I took Olive leaf extract and notice a good improvement over the course of a few months. I had completely forgotten about it until I read your post just now and it is just what I need right now in my relapse!!

Thanks for the memory jolt!
  10. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Tap the title into the search box at the top left of this page and you`ll be able to read all the past posts on it.

It helps kill candida without killing the good guys...